Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found this for $4 at a Goodwill. I had seen pictures of it before on here, and I love penguins, so I had to get it, knowing full well that it was likely far too kiddie for my tastes. I just wanted the bits!

It was complete and in great shape except for the custom die. I'll likely be tinkering the game into something more to my liking, but I would very much like to know what the original faces on the die were. The rules list four different face values, but unsurprisingly doesn't say which are duplicated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this will help:

2 Penguin sides with a "3"

2 Penguin sides with a "4"

1 Penguin side with a "2"

1 Bear side with a "3"

I have 2 games and combined it to make a large game- see the Polar Dare page for more details!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much, Steve!

I had noticed in your comments about the game that players don't get to move the bear much. Until I read that, I had assumed that there were two "Bear 3" sides and two "Penguin 3" sides, since that seemed the most logical to me.

I also read about your two-game version. That looks very cool, indeed, should I find another thrift or yard sale copy. I'm also anxious to try playing a version of Im Reich des weißen Bären with the pieces.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
GaryP wrote:
Until I read that, I had assumed that there were two "Bear 3" sides and two "Penguin 3" sides, since that seemed the most logical to me.

This was a garage sale find for us and also is missing the die. Thank you for the info - we had done the same thing, and about halfway thru I started to wonder if there was only one Polar Dare side as well.

Thank you from me as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made some pretty cute die faces and pasted them onto a wooden cube. If someone wants the file to print it out, send me a geekmail.

Pete (doesn't want to post it in the files section because he lifted the images off the interwebs without permission)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this game for the first time today. Makes a good abstract game. The due we used was missing a sticker. I thought it was a polar bear move 3. So our polar bear moved a lot. Apparently it was a move 4 penguin. I will have to try it that way. Must make for a slightly easier game for the penguin when the bear moves only 1/6 of the time instead of 1/3 of the time. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.