flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge

Phil: 13
Brian: 4
Eric: 1
Matt: 0

This Knizia game from Out of the Box has truly hideous artwork. Gad, I'm sure 10,000 artists could have drawn better fish and octopi than whoever did the work here. The fish pieces are colorful and well done, but the cards feel thin and feature more ugly art.

The rules of play are simple, but it's hard to see after one play whether there's enough here to work with. I could see it growing old quickly, but like 10 Days above, it's something you could play in 10-15 minutes between games to clear your mind.

Although each player has only 11 cards and you see everything a player lays down, I miscalculated and lost a stack of five fish to Brian after he sicced his shark on me. Had I thought for one second, I would have played an octopus to say, "no mas," and then kicked fish tail for several turns until Phil and duked it out. As it was, Brian ate me alive, then ran into Hammerhead Phil, who had a clear advantage because Brian had already used several cards battling off Matt.

All in all, an okay game, but one I won't pick up unless Barnes & Noble has deep discounted copies after Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.