11 Posts

Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Summon and focus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryxius Courgette
msg tools
Hello,

If I don't have place in my battlefield, can I pay the cost of a summon and have the benefit of the focus 1 or 2 ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the best in space
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, same if you don't have any more conjurations in your deck.
So even if your battlefield is full or you summoned all your gilders you can still deal 1 damage with the Summon Gilder effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryxius Courgette
msg tools
Thanks for he answer, but I answered concerning the Focus 1 or 2, not the effect like the effect of the summon gilder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryxius wrote:
Thanks for he answer, but I answered concerning the Focus 1 or 2, not the effect like the effect of the summon gilder.

It's all the same, though, as far as usage goes. You apply as much of the effect as you can, including the Focus portion (assuming that you have properly focused the spell).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the best in space
mbmbmbmbmb
The Focus just adds the extra effect to the original one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryxius Courgette
msg tools
So you are telling me that if my battlefield is full I can summon an ICE GOLEM, pay the cost, and don't place a card because battlefield is full, but I can use the focus 2 (if of course I have 3 summon ice golem allready in my spellboard) and remove 1 wound token from an ice golem I control ?

Thanks it's very good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh... almost. I don't think you understand what the Focus abilities mean. You get those when you have multiple copies of that spell in your spellboard, not when you have multiple units of that type on your battlefield. Summon spells aren't the only ready spells that have Focus abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the best in space
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the focus rule again Ryxius focus 2 means that you need 3 copies of the ready spell not the unit.
So to use the focus2 ability of Summon ice golem you need 3 copies of the summon ice golem card in play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryxius Courgette
msg tools
Yes I understand this, and I make a mistake in my last post and I edit it.

But that I don't understand is if I can pay the cost of a summon to active only the focus (and don't place a card in the battlefield)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I thought maybe you misunderstood based on this: (never mind)

As Nicola said, the Focus portion just adds to the spell's original ability. Anytime you play or activate a spell, you pay its cost and then activate as much of the spell as you can, even if that means that a summon spell doesn't actually summon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryxius Courgette
msg tools
Perfect, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.