Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Page 18 of the rulebook identifies a portion of each scenario card (item #13 on the illustration) to "Track your score". As I just opened this game, I wonder how many people actually do this? I mean, do you actually whip out a ball-point pen or a fine-tip Sharpie and write your scores on that section of the scenario card?

Part of me thinks this is an awesome touch, to provide for the players' use. And part of me cringes at the thought of actually doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Never. I don't even add it up. A win's a win, and a loss is a loss. No need for a score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the scores, but I do write the names of the players and date we played if we won the scenario in the proper section on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't write my score there, but I do keep track. Unfortunately, scores don't really translate well across player counts. IIRC, more players = way higher scores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I track stuff on BGG already. I do use separate paper sheet thingies, like Caverna: The Cave Farmers has them. But the scenario sheets are too precious to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Track scores yes, but not on the rulebook - I always have a slip of paper and a pen/cil in each game, that way I can track how many plays a game is getting. You know, for when I finally get rid of one. Some day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We add up our score at the end of every game (particularly nice if you lose the same scenario multiple times; then you can still see whether you're improving), but we would never write anything on the scenario cards -- I don't think there's space for it either in the German edition of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scores in RC are pointless, they don't show at all you getting better at the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Never. I don't even add it up. A win's a win, and a loss is a loss. No need for a score.

My opinion as well.

And I don't like defacing my games. If I wanted to keep score, I'd make my own score pad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.