Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Tandlmayer
United States
Wilkinsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After missing out on the two recent complete copies in BGG's marketplace (grr), I ordered an incomplete copy on Ebay. While I wasn't thrilled with spending what amounted to $50 ($19 for shipping? yeesh) for an incomplete game, the missing pieces are two minatures, 2 of the 115 room tiles, and (ouch) 26 of the 27 combat counters.

Now if I had it my way, I'd have a complete game, but since I don't...reading the rules makes it seem that the combat counters are basically just a rock-paper-scissors substitute, with neat art on them. Is there any real functional difference between having the player to the right use rock,paper, or scissors to pick Slash, Leap Aside, or Mighty Blow and picking the actual card?

I bought this game to play, and I have plenty of replacement minatures lying around, and the two missing tiles I'll deal with when the game comes, but they could be substituted fairly painlessly I'm sure. So it's just the combat counters I'm unsure about.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Rock, paper scissors is just fine.

We use one set of enemy Combat Counters. Once the choice has been made the other players says their choice out loud.

The expansion Heroes for Dungeonquest 'also' had a set of Combat Counters which were improved upon the original as they were bigger and had better artwork. I'll scan them in and upload them later in the week if I get time.

Why they chose to make a set for each enemy and each player is beyond me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tandlmayer
United States
Wilkinsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome, that's just what I wanted to hear. If any parts had to be missing, I'm glad they were the non-essential combat counters.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
There are scans of every Tile, Card & Counter in the pictures section. You can check them against those and print off any that you're missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, this works well because you can print all of them, and have a matched set. I purchased a partial set (from the same place) and looked for precisely the same kind of set you did. That is, the tiles that were missing were non-essential. In this case, two of the rings. Having Heroes for DungeonQuest, I can use those newer, nicer ring cards, and ignore the missing counters.
You set was nicer, because the combat counters really are not that necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.