Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » General

Subject: Team pack cards smaller rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carmine Migliore
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone noticed that the starter team packs from 5 to 16 are smaller in size compared to the other cards in the game? Is EGG going to do something? I have never sleeved any game and don't look at starting now for a publisher fault

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
22764636 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the starter team packs from 5 to 16 are smaller in size compared to the other cards in the game? Is EGG going to do something? I have never sleeved any game and don't look at starting now for a publisher fault

I have four of the team packs (don't remember which and am not able to check right now) and I haven't noticed any difference. I'm not one who notice small difference, though.

If I'm right and there's no difference between my team packs and my base game, then it could be a matter of difference between print runs. I heard about several cases where something like that has happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vins baudet
Spain
Valencia/Castiello de Jaca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven´t noticed too, but i take a look when I get home tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unfortunately I have noticed. It seems to be a difference between the original print run of the base game and the later expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
teekay 96
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have already contacted Eagle Gryphon about this issue and they offered a refund, but no replacement. Other games that have had this issue in the past (7 Wonders, Machi Koro, Quantum's dice) have replaced the components at no charge. Eagle, not so much. I enjoy the game regardless, and while different size cards make shuffling difficult its not the end of the world for me and the game still plays great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vins baudet
Spain
Valencia/Castiello de Jaca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vins wrote:
I haven´t noticed too, but i take a look when I get home tonight.

Checked and in my case there are same size. I have the deluxe version if it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vreeland
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have the Super Deluxe version and just tonight noticed that the Baltimore, Milwaukee, Florida, Kansas City, and Philadelphia teams are all about 1mm smaller than the cards that came in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.