BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Search by number of players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Bedell

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was trying to find games that supported 6 players. So, I went to the Advanced Search and selected my range as 6 to 6, Normal. (As well as a couple other criteria: user rating and max play time)
But the search results still shows me games that do not support 6 players. For instance, the 2-player game Bushido shows up.

What am I doing wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoScoopsOfHot wrote:
I was trying to find games that supported 6 players. So, I went to the Advanced Search and selected my range as 6 to 6, Normal. (As well as a couple other criteria: user rating and max play time)
But the search results still shows me games that do not support 6 players. For instance, the 2-player game Bushido shows up.

What am I doing wrong?

I don't remember. But it's very odd,I remember that. Did you try exact search?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it, 6-6 normal, and I got Bushido too. I also only got 50 pages of results, up to the letter C. Same if I search 5-6.

Looking at the Bushido entry, it had min 2 max 0 players. I put a 2 in the max player field to see if that would help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:
TwoScoopsOfHot wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Exact would exclude games for 7p or 8p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckhazard wrote:
TwoScoopsOfHot wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Ick don't do that. It makes it exactly the range you selected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
chuckhazard wrote:
TwoScoopsOfHot wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Exact would exclude games for 7p or 8p.

Worse, it seems to require 6-6 be printed on the box so to speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6-10 seemed to work but I'm on mobile is hard to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bedell

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
I did try the exact match with 6 and 6 and it returns 0 results.

6-10 still returns Bushido. Perhaps there's just something wrong with the Bushido listing and I shouldn't be using it as a litmus test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bedell

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking at it more, there are other games that are not in the range that are showing up... and all of them appears to be 2-player games. I suspect that there's something about the way the data is structured for games that have a set number of players that causes them to be included in in all searches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I tried it, 6-6 normal, and I got Bushido too. I also only got 50 pages of results, up to the letter C. Same if I search 5-6.

Looking at the Bushido entry, it had min 2 max 0 players. I put a 2 in the max player field to see if that would help.

I tried it again, and Bushido wasn't included. So I think entering the max 2 fixed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.