Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Eucker
United States
Cedar Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere but I've yet to find it.
On a Knight's Advance activation, can he attack before (or interrupt) the completion of his movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euckeric wrote:
I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere but I've yet to find it.
On a Knight's Advance activation, can he attack before (or interrupt) the completion of his movement?

Advance says, "After defeating a monster with an attack using a melee weapon, exhaust this card to move up to your Speed and perform an additional attack."

So, first off, this is not an action. It's tacked onto the end of whatever attack it's triggered on.

Secondly, since it says, "move...and...attack" and not "move...then...attack", I'm inclined to say it can be attack then move, or move then attack. There is a thread here on BGG where apparently an FFG developer said, "move then attack".

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/12635396#12635396

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Mc
msg tools
For Advance, no, you cannot choose to Attack first and then move or to interrupt movement to Attack and then continue moving. Move actions can be interrupted, but this is not a move action nor are you generating movement points with it. The ability is simply letting you move up to your speed and then attack. If you choose to attack first or stop your movement to attack, you do not get to move afterward (unless you have more actions to spend on movement, of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.