Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
What is it?

A site presenting you with various scenarios regarding autonomous cars and what it should do in different situations.

Should it run down the person walking across the road to save its 10 child passengers?

Should it crash and kill its occupant to avoid killing a bus full of nuns?

Etc.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
What is it?

A site presenting you with various scenarios regarding autonomous cars and what it should do in different situations.

Should it run down the person walking across the road to save its 10 child passengers?

Should it crash and kill its occupant to avoid killing a bus full of nuns?

Etc.

Ferret

If I have learned anything from RSP is that these kind of situations will never happen and self driving cars are unhackable perfect machines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to kill everyone and scored way up there on the death race 2000 score board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through it, it has little bearing on self-driving cars since I don't think that the identification information for pedestrians available to the cars will be that quick and accurate. I answered the questions but I always chose quantity first, then crosswalk second. The crosswalks are clearly marked and if the car is unable to stop for a crosswalk, than the pedestrians didn't deserve to die for it. I also didn't go for lane changes unless it was to follow the last two rules. I guess I could go back and try to redo my algorithm for value of victim, but it doesn't seem realistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
If I have learned anything from RSP is that these kind of situations will never happen and self driving cars are unhackable perfect machines.

Uh... that was not at all the prevailing opinion in the self driving cars topic, Dashi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I went through it, it has little bearing on self-driving cars since I don't think that the identification information for pedestrians available to the cars will be that quick and accurate. I answered the questions but I always chose quantity first, then crosswalk second. The crosswalks are clearly marked and if the car is unable to stop for a crosswalk, than the pedestrians didn't deserve to die for it. I also didn't go for lane changes unless it was to follow the last two rules. I guess I could go back and try to redo my algorithm for value of victim, but it doesn't seem realistic.

People on my neighborhood facebook page are always whining about cars that almost hit them when they are legally crossing in a crosswalk.
And all I can think is, why in the HELL would you step out into a street knowing how idiot drivers drive. They are on cell phones, texting, being stupid, and you IDIOTS will step out into the street without even looking.

I see people do it all the time, they get a walk signal, and they just step out, they dont look to see if people are actually stopping.
Crazy freaking idiots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Uh... that was not at all the prevailing opinion in the self driving cars topic, Dashi.

You must be new here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I answered that the vehicle should always save the pedestrians over the vehicle occupants. It's their vehicle, it's their responsibility. I really don't care the numbers or the makeup of the people. The people using the vehicle assume the risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

You must be new here.

Actually, amusingly, I started coming to RSP right around the last big self-driving car topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I answered that the vehicle should always save the pedestrians over the vehicle occupants. It's their vehicle, it's their responsibility. I really don't care the numbers or the makeup of the people. The people using the vehicle assume the risk.

How do the people in the vehicle have more responsibility.
They are in a car and cant do anything about what it is doing.
The pedestrians can at least look to see if they are going to get run over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

You must be new here.

Yeah, Dashi's not know for bothering (being able?) to understand the views he claims to disagree with. So it's sort of unreasonable to expect him to accurately report their content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

I basically answered the exact opposite.

My car has only a couple of functions, to get me from Point A to Point B and to do so safely.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

You must be new here.

I am worried how bestiality laws will affect me.

FTFY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

You must be new here.

I am worried how bestiality laws will affect me.

FTFY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Yeah, Dashi's not know for bothering (being able?) to understand the views he claims to disagree with. So it's sort of unreasonable to expect him to accurately report their content.

For a stay at home mom, you're awfully judgemental on what others are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
rinelk wrote:

What the hell do you think parents do? I spend all day telling people to put their pants on, stop picking their noses, and be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Are you implying that taking personal responsibility for your choices and staying home with them to take care of them and help them grow to be balanced, productive adults is something that should be judged negatively? Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Are you implying that taking personal responsibility for your choices and staying home with them to take care of them and help them grow to be balanced, productive adults is something that should be judged negatively? Interesting.

Well there is the whole stereotype of, not being man enough to take care of your family thing. But no one really cares about gender roles anymore... But yeah, if it was 1961, society would shun him for being a little bitch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Well there is the whole stereotype of, not being man enough to take care of your family thing. But no one really cares about gender roles anymore... But yeah, if it was 1961, society would shun him for being a little bitch.
He is taking care of his family! Wow! In one thread we have you guys bashing unnamed people because of fatherless children and in this thread we have an ideal father raising children and he still gets bashed. I guess unless you are the main character from Mad Men, you aren't a real father.
:shake:

Edit:I mean, do we really want to get into a list of acceptable shitty opinions from 1961?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
He is taking care of his family! Wow! In one thread we have you guys bashing unnamed people because of fatherless children and in this thread we have an ideal father raising children and he still gets bashed. I guess unless you are the main character from Mad Men, you aren't a real father.
shake

Yep, he bashes for ridiculous bullshit, and if you bash back with ridiculous bullshit, you are the bad guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Yep, he bashes for ridiculous bullshit, and if you bash back with ridiculous bullshit, you are the bad guy.
But he bashed you based on what he believes to be the content of your posts on RSP. Colbert just did an ad hominem attack on something that is actually laudable, not a negative. He made himself look like an idiot. Rinelk just made himself look like a jerk. Personally, if I am going to put myself in a negative light, I'll choose jerk over idiot any day of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
rinelk wrote:

I always forget... what does feminism do for men again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Now THIS is kinda interesting:

http://moralmachine.mit.edu/#

Kind of cool, except for the crappy UI and poorly designed scenarios that jumbled up the information they were trying to get at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.