Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Difference between air value and air strength?

2. Jap carrier sunk (air value of 4) with 5 hits ...can it still launch an air attack? What if there was Surprise planes on deck?

3. If level 3 Jap carrier sunk, do I draw one to see which it was?

Thx for any help...rule book is pretty good but man it is all over the place...not easy to find stuff and doesn't follow SOP very well

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Lavin
United States
Cambridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I can explain this well enough, but I'll try.

1) Air value is the number of air points a force actually has. It is printed in the upper right corner of level 3 chits, and on the individual carrier chits in a level 4 force. Because level 1 and 2 forces don't have this, we don't know the air value of a level 1 or 2 force. But we can add up how many air points have already attacked from those forces, and that is the revealed air strength of that individual force. So, revealed air strength is what we know...so far...about a level 1 or 2 force. Once it becomes level 3, we know the actual air value.

2) A Japanese carrier may have launched an air strike before it was sunk. That's why we use the "Sunk previous turn" marker. The carrier is not removed from the board until the end of the next turn.

3) Yes.

Hope that helps! Every time I set up that game, it takes a while for a rules refresher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.