United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
I aim to misbehave
badge
Go ahead... click!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My dad used to say: no dumb questions, just dumb people asking questions . So.... I have a couple of questions:

-Why so many blank cards? I'm new to any Legendary games... So... why so many blank cards, I think somebody mentioned that it made sense due to production or somewhat like that. Maybe it is, however, in my mind it makes little sense, are this used for anything, tokens or something? It seems like a waste of paper...

-Why so much space? I see the mat, is it really that there will be this amount of expansions? Are expansions shipped in smaller boxes?

-Conversion Kit? My guess is to be able to mix Predator with Alien. Is this worth it (I mean combining both games). There will be multiple opinions here, however, I get a feeling that the Alien game is better alone, and I should just wait for the expansion.

- One thing that I think the game has is story. Mixing Predator, or in fact any other Legendary does not seem thematic. Yes, there is the whole Predator vs Alien, thing, but I never really got into this, there seems to be little story, just gore and fighting.

Any advice or tips are welcome.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasnis wrote:
My dad used to say: no dumb questions, just dumb people asking questions . So.... I have a couple of questions:

They are not dumb questions, but they are questions that have been asked and asnwered many times before... whistle

Quote:
-Why so many blank cards? I'm new to any Legendary games... So... why so many blank cards, I think somebody mentioned that it made sense due to production or somewhat like that. Maybe it is, however, in my mind it makes little sense, are this used for anything, tokens or something? It seems like a waste of paper...

I believe it was just extra space on the card sheet and they left them in so people could make custom cards, variants, etc.

Quote:
-Why so much space? I see the mat, is it really that there will be this amount of expansions? Are expansions shipped in smaller boxes?

Yes, it's space for expansions. Smaller boxes? I don't think we know yet.

Quote:
-Conversion Kit? My guess is to be able to mix Predator with Alien. Is this worth it (I mean combining both games). There will be multiple opinions here, however, I get a feeling that the Alien game is better alone, and I should just wait for the expansion.

This is just a matter of personal preference. I've played Predator once. I prefer Alien.

Quote:
- One thing that I think the game has is story. Mixing Predator, or in fact any other Legendary does not seem thematic. Yes, there is the whole Predator vs Alien, thing, but I never really got into this, there seems to be little story, just gore and fighting.

Again, personal preference. There is a ton of history in the cannon of both franchises that deals with the conflict between them, it is hardly tacked on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:

Quote:

This is just a matter of personal preference. I've played Predator once. I prefer Alien.

Predator is sort of a weird game. With Aliens, you are getting four movies worth of material and you can mix and match as you please. With Predator, you have only two movies of material. To take up the slack perhaps, you get the material from those same two movies again to play as a Predator instead of a human. To me, this is the only reason to own the Predator expansion. If you want an actual competitive experience with Legendary, that's the way to go. The co-op in Predator is a little weak, in part because of those minor goals which just lead to a very anti-climatic ending. Mixing the two games doesn't interest me either.

grant5 wrote:

Quote:

Again, personal preference. There is a ton of history in the cannon of both franchises that deals with the conflict between them, it is hardly tacked on.

With the plethora of Legendary versions coming out, you can mix and match all over the place. I hate the idea. Others will probably think it's great.

Predators vs Aliens makes some thematic sense, but as I already said, it doesn't interest me. X-Men vs Aliens even makes some thematic sense, but I have no interest in that either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Gordonsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Can't we settle this over a pint?
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
X-Men vs Aliens even makes some thematic sense, but I have no interest in that either.

One of the first comics I ever read and still one of my favorites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
Curious, eh? :)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Bernardo!

The blank cards or so called "fillers" are there because every shrink wrapped deck must be of the same size/weight. Once the card sorting machine allocates all regular game cards to a card pile, it adds a few extra blank cards to the pile, because the wrapping machine can shrink wrap card piles only of one exact number of cards, or of the same standard weight, maybe wih tolerance of one extra card or less (and here we touch the painful 'missing cards problem'). That's how I understood the manufacturing process of many card games, from heresay. Curiously no filler cards can be found in LE Predator, maybe they tweaked the process so the extra blanks are no longer necessary or I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.