Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm gonna be in Dallas over the 4th of July weekend. Anybody have a recommendation for game store to just browse and checkout?

I'll be near the Convention Center and staying out by the Sheraton, Dallas North Galleria?

thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sheasby
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, you will have a rental car with you.

For me, the game store of choice is Madness Games and Comics. It's located in the northern suburb of Plano. It's a huge place. The store itself is pretty big (including lots of games for sale). Madness also has a large playing area. Lots of tables that are used for the hundreds of events that occur at the store throughout the year.

If you are looking for gaming action as well, Madness hosts a general boardgaming night on Saturdays. And gaming with us locals won't cost you anything. It's free.

I'll point you to the BGG guild for the boardgaming activities at Madness if you want more information:

Madness Games and Comics Boardgaming Guild

The DFW Metroplex has many other stores around as well. The others who will be posting to this thread can provide those details.

Gaming is pretty good here in the Metroplex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Common Ground Games or Oak Cliff Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to visit Madness. It's a destination game store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
You have to visit Madness. It's a destination game store.

Yup, this. I travel a lot and visit local game stores in a lot of cities. Madness is definitely in the top 3 of any I've been to. The fact that it's 1 mile from my house is icing on the cake.

Do yourself a favor and drive to Madness in Plano.

If you come up on a weekend day, you'll probably see a lot of in-store gaming going on. Just make sure you steer clear of anyone named Steven and you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Everybody. Not sure if I'm going to have a car.. we're travelling with my son's volleyball team, so its up in the air if we're going to get a bus for all of us, or if each family is renting their own car. I guess now, I'm leaning towards getting my own car.

WOW!! I just looked at the website for Madness Games.. I'm definitely renting a car now!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Madness is worth checking out. I live in the northwest corner of the metro, and I will make the hour drive to Madness about once a month to check out their stock. It is impressive, like going to Chicago and checking out Chicagoland Games Dice Dojo.

Roll2Play in Coppell is nice. Worth checking out, they take advantage of being in Dallas and will be at BGGCON/BGGSpring, and usually have some promos or whatnot available. The owner is nice, the store has a decent library, and even rents the games out.

After that, you are going to be in for a real drive.

Area 51 Games in Grapevine just closed Sunday, so, they may show up in a search, skip it.
Sci Fi Factory in Fort Worth/Keller is about 45 minutes
More Fun Comics and Games in Denton has two stores, one on the square and a game center down the street, but, seriously, that could be an hour away.
There are a bunch of other stores in and around the DFW Metro, but, most of those were either too far away from me, or I wasn't terribly impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, definitely swing by Madness. I call it Nerd Depot because it's like Home Depot for gamers and comic people, lots of goodness to be found!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Adair
United States
Fayston
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I go down to TX for work every now and then and stopped at Madness and it is unreal.

It's like the size of a Supermarket as opposed to the normal hole in the wall game store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Just make sure you are going to Madness Games and Comics in Plano, and not Madness Comics and Games in Denton. Very different places
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
Just make sure you are going to Madness Games and Comics in Plano, and not Madness Comics and Games in Denton. Very different places

This, so much this. Madness in Denton isn't worth going to if you live in Denton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Totty
United States
Krum
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futiles wrote:
Donkler wrote:

This, so much this. Madness in Denton isn't worth going to if you live in Denton.

As someone who lives in Denton, I concur completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Kiker
msg tools
mb
I'm in Argyle for the week... I can check out More Fun in Denton, but Plano is a bit far. I'm actually hoping there is a store worth visiting either near the DFW airport, in Fort Worth, or in Arlington. Anything in those areas worth stopping at? I'll be killing a few hours on Saturday, starting at the airport and ending south of Fort Worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
LisaMK724 wrote:
I'm in Argyle for the week... I can check out More Fun in Denton, but Plano is a bit far. I'm actually hoping there is a store worth visiting either near the DFW airport, in Fort Worth, or in Arlington. Anything in those areas worth stopping at? I'll be killing a few hours on Saturday, starting at the airport and ending south of Fort Worth.

The Denton square, where More Fun is located, has a lot of fun stuff to do, although it might be a little out of the way from Argyle if your final destination is Ft. Worth.

But if you do go, Recycled Books is really neat, Beth Marie's Ice Cream is a local landmark, and there are lots of great places to eat around there too. We even have an escape room on the square that isn't too shabby. More Fun itself is a pretty nice shop too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LisaMK724 wrote:

Look up locations for Collected. They have some pretty good stores and good staff around the area. Nothing measures up to Madness though, it's really worth the extra effort if you can make it there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LisaMK724 wrote:

While I agree Madness is worth the trip, Roll2Play in Coppell is pretty close to DFW airport and is a good, if smaller store. The owner is friendly, they have a large games library and rent games by the week, are very active in the community, and have all sorts of events going on regularly.
I'm not too far from Argyle - not much in the way of game stores out this way. SCI Fi factory in the Keller area, Roll2Play, the Collected stores. Area 51 just closed its doors. If you can find the time to make the drive, I would try to hit Madness in Plano to see it. If not, Roll2Play gets my next vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dallas Games Marathon will be open for holiday gaming tomorrow and Monday from noon until 8 (or 10, or later) if you're interested in checking it out. Admission is $5 and we have over 1,000 games in our library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Paolucci
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between Madness Games and Common Ground, does anyone know which one would have the larger selection of euro games for sale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sanchez
United States
Prosper
Texas
flag msg tools
https://www.cardboardrealitypodcast.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddness will have the bigger selection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Paolucci
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks! Down here on business and will only have time to hit one store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.