Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that with catapults you pass those dice immediately ot the player on the left (you may not reroll catapults nor score for that roll.)

What does this mean? The catapult as a block makes sense, but what about the scoring? Do you lose your turn and score zero, or are you prohibited from stopping at that time? How does it work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(2 years later)

This is worded strangely. It implies that you basically lose a turn, but obviously that makes no sense, I mean why pass them to the left when your turn is now moot and you pass all the dice anyway? Thankfully the example clears things up by showing a full turn where the player is still building a city and such I think. When it says 'you may not score for that roll' I believe it means you can't score the catapult result since it's now gone from your available dice. Seems to me the catapult is just a dice you lose immediately.. Imagine your city under fire and your resources being limited by the attack.

Still, annoying to see rules written without complete clarity, and I can't say I have full confidence in my interpretation either, which is why I'm browsing this forum now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.