Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be announced at Essen. Very excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
"Announced" at Essen, or available...?

And from where do you have this information?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
"Announced" at Essen, or available...?

And from where do you have this information?

I emailed DLP, they said

Quote:
Hello

an expansion is in the making at the moment and will normally come out for the games fair in Essen.

Thank you for your kind words.

Kind regards
Felix Stockhausen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nāt
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exciting news! The style of the first expansion was out of left field; I liked how different it was. I wonder if this one will be a more conventional expansion of the base game, or if they'll try a completely new direction again.

I'd always love more location tiles, but it'd be nice if they came up with a thematic way to draft or choose them for each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UntitledDocument wrote:
Exciting news! The style of the first expansion was out of left field; I liked how different it was. I wonder if this one will be a more conventional expansion of the base game, or if they'll try a completely new direction again.

I'd always love more location tiles, but it'd be nice if they came up with a thematic way to draft or choose them for each game.

What sparked my email was to request some more competitive scenarios. I love the way the first one changed (and improved) the game. Hoping this one takes it even further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
For my clarification, I thought I heard Orléans: Invasion was supposed to be released in 2015, did it ever get released? Miniature Market still lists Invasions as PreOrder. Is this new expansion different from Invasions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
For my clarification, I thought I heard Orléans: Invasion was supposed to be released in 2015, did it ever get released?

Yes, it did. In Europe. TMG has been slow to release it in the U.S, but it is coming as you noted below. Check out Rahdo's runthrough of Invasions for more details.

kiloforce wrote:
Miniature Market still lists Invasions as PreOrder. Is this new expansion different from Invasions?

Yes. Invasions was the first expansion. This thread, as the subject says, is about the second expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be more interested if I found out that you can actually win a game without being forced to go Citizen/Guildhall/Development Track route every game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Burgess
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very possible to win without going down the Citizen/Guildhall/Development Track route....

Trading posts are at most 60 points and if you're lucky you'll get 6 citizens through the game for another 36 points.

That's considerably lower than what you can generate by concentrating on goods collection and money generation.

I just came off a game where the winner had 80+ coins, a mound of goods and finished a good 20 points clear of second place.

This is why i love Orleans - so many strategies to exploit from what appears to be a low number of options for scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Essen release list (http://www.merz-verlag-en.com/uploads/2/1/4/0/21405396/neuhe...) it looks like the expansion is probably called Intrigue (or Trade 2 Intrigue?). Spies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fondue wrote:
According to the Essen release list (http://www.merz-verlag-en.com/uploads/2/1/4/0/21405396/neuhe...) it looks like the expansion is probably called Intrigue (or Trade 2 Intrigue?). Spies?

"Trade 2 Intrigue" doesn't make sense. Maybe it's a formatting-error and it's meant to be "Trade & Intrigue"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade contracts which allow you to deliver goods (and make them even more valuable)...
... and the "Intrigue" will let you do mean things to your opponents...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manting Cheng
msg tools
Is there any info at all about the additions? All i can find is:

In addition to new place tiles this expansion contains a new "beneficial deeds"-board, a new and challenging set of events as well as trade-contracts.

The "Intrigue" introduces ways to hinder your opponents progress or even allows you to take over your opponent's achievements.

Does not sound like a second large expansion to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kersje86 wrote:

In addition to new place tiles this expansion contains a new "beneficial deeds"-board, a new and challenging set of events as well as trade-contracts.

The "Intrigue" introduces ways to hinder your opponents progress or even allows you to take over your opponent's achievements.

Sounds like good stuff to me. And I never said "large" .. just a second

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manting Cheng
msg tools
Sorry, i didnt mean you said that. It in the description

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/204814/orle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kersje86 wrote:

Who submitted the listing? Maybe they can comment further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Kersje86 wrote:

I submitted the expansion.
I was careful not to reveal too much as I didn't want to spoil Reiner's announcement of "Trade & Intrigue"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorin2001 wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Kersje86 wrote:

I submitted the expansion.
I was careful not to reveal too much as I didn't want to spoil Reiner's announcement of "Trade & Intrigue"

I have no doubt it will be a great expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus A.
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kersje86 wrote:

Well... I guess it won't be as big as "Invasion". But it will contain more than a single place-tile and will come in a box. That's why I called it big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorin2001 wrote:
Kersje86 wrote:

Well... I guess it won't be as big as "Invasion". But it will contain more than a single place-tile and will come in a box. That's why I called it big.

Fingers crossed there will be some "game changing" non co-op scenarios. That's all I need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.