Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
That announcement was exciting. I am in love with Hearthstone at the moment. The art from Catacombs would be beautiful for a card game.

The digital version of C&C would also be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, what announcement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Turner
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
Roll for the Guru
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:
Um, what announcement?

Watch the Catacombs video here: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/55454/origins-game-fair-2...

Edit: Here's the video directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sakoguru wrote:
th3tick wrote:
Um, what announcement?

Watch the Catacombs video here: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/55454/origins-game-fair-2...

OK, thanks.

Skip to 8:18 for the card game info, or 8:00 for Wyverns of Wylemuir.

EDIT: popped the duplicate video link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Aron said the card game is there to introduce them to the dexterity system. Makes me wonder if it will include some disks to do certain shots as part of the card game.

I meant to mention this before, but I found it funny that Eric was so surprised that Catacombs would work digitally, saying he thought it defeats the purpose. But when it comes to touchscreen games, dexterity is something that's very natural. I'd already been thinking about how cool it would be to have a dungeon crawler on a tablet that was based around a "flicking" mechanism (definitely inspired by Catacombs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
jepmn wrote:
Aron said the card game is there to introduce them to the dexterity system. Makes me wonder if it will include some disks to do certain shots as part of the card game.

I meant to mention this before, but I found it funny that Eric was so surprised that Catacombs would work digitally, saying he thought it defeats the purpose. But when it comes to touchscreen games, dexterity is something that's very natural. I'd already been thinking about how cool it would be to have a dungeon crawler on a tablet that was based around a "flicking" mechanism (definitely inspired by Catacombs).

Agreed, I thought it odd that Eric was so shocked at the idea. I've had countless amazing games playing Disc Drivin'. We would play locally all the time at lunch. A digital Catacombs could easily follow suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
An arena game with army packs is a good move. As a Catacomb newbie, but a lifelong Carrom fan and former minis wargamer, I would be all in if the rules dont get too convoluted. November cannot come fast enough.

Though this cardgame with dexterity element, that is an interesting direction to take it. I am curious to how Ezlra pulls it off.

Edit - Spelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
fastbilly1 wrote:
Though this cardgame with dexterity element, that is an interesting direction to take it. I am curious to how Ezlra pulls it off.

Well, first there's this hat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

Well, first there's this hat...

Pitching cards into a hat you say! Bully, I have been practicing for this game for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.