Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the 2016 WBC No Ship Math Trade! If you're new and need some help how to navigate check out our wiki.

Dates
Trade Results will be on Saturday 7/16/16 9pm EST
Trade exchange at the Dogwood Forum on Saturday, 7/30 at noon.

Money/GC are allowed per BGG rules. Cash arbitrage is forbidden.

The results will be automatically posted to https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1936. The admins are paying attention.

For a walk through of what to do please visit our wiki. If you want to import all your "for trades" instantly, check this link out .

Please, we love your feedback message me on BGG, post on the forum thread, or email me at info@abecorn.com

There will be a leftover's trade immediately after.

Direct link to trade

Basic Rules
-For a walk through of what to do please visit our wiki OR our youtube tutorial.

-Money/GC may be posted per BGG rules

-If someone edits or deletes something you've wanted, you receive a notification that something you wanted has changed. That item will have a blank want list in your trade matrix.

-Always assume a blank/near blank description is in the worst possible condition. Feel free to comment the item if you want clarification.

- Your "Make trades" matrix is always live up until the end of the trade. You don't need to submit a want list.
-The results will be automatically posted to https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1936. The admins are paying attention.

-If you want to import all your "for trades" instantly,
check this link out.

-Sweeteners can be added in the condition information. Any suggestions on making them easier to add is welcome!

-You are required to use the BGG trade manager to track your trades. A button will appear at trade end that will pre-populate the trade information (you don't have the game in your for trade list).

-If you don't like how the listings look or are formatted, you can change it by clicking the far left filter under the search bar (looks like 3 dots and 3 lines).

-Please, we love your feedback message me on BGG, post on the feedback forum thread, or email me at info@abecorn.com

There's SO many improvements, I'm not sure I can share them all in less than several pages of text. We pull wishlists, duplicate protection is a single click (and protects against different type listings), everything is faster, filters are improved, we track newly listed items from when you last logged in...and we're still adding more.

We’ve run almost 200 trades since 2013. We’re in this make things work for you. Please provide feedback!

Trademaximizer 1.4
Seed 12345, iterations 100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do I go to set my avatar? I see yourself (bien) and Gordon's (chezstewart) are showing up on the item page, but mine is just a blue silhouette. I don't see anywhere under profile to change/set my avatar. But my profile does see my BGG avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otteydw wrote:
Where do I go to set my avatar? I see yourself (bien) and Gordon's (chezstewart) are showing up on the item page, but mine is just a blue silhouette. I don't see anywhere under profile to change/set my avatar. But my profile does see my BGG avatar.

On the upper left there's a blank gray square, if you click that it will allow you to upload an avatar.

(https://abecorn.wikispaces.com/Browse look for A-2.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
otteydw wrote:

On the upper left there's a blank gray square, if you click that it will allow you to upload an avatar.

(https://abecorn.wikispaces.com/Browse look for A-2.)

Thanks. That is not very intuitive. It ought to be in the profile section around/under the blue silhouette.

Still, a great site/tool. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Derwood
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers, Winter Game Fest, etc.
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I used this tool before a couple years ago, but find I have to learn it again from scratch. Maybe it's just me, but the user interface just takes too much work to keep re-learning. I really shouldn't have to watch a video to just list games I have and want. Hope it works out for everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:
I used this tool before a couple years ago, but find I have to learn it again from scratch. Maybe it's just me, but the user interface just takes too much work to keep re-learning. I really shouldn't have to watch a video to just list games I have and want. Hope it works out for everyone else.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues. Could you be more specific about the frustrations and email me so we can improve it? info@abecorn.com

If videos aren't your thing we have a wiki as well
https://abecorn.wikispaces.com/home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:

1) Create an account and login:

- Abecorn

2) Click on "Direct Link to Trade": (in OP, or below)

- WBC Math Trade

3) Add games you want to obtain:

- Scroll down and click "Browse" to see the list of already posted games.
- Click on the green plus sign if you want that game.
- Rinse and repeat (note that there are multiple pages of games).

4) Add games you want to part with:

- Click on "Add Items" (next to "Browse").
- In the "What are you looking for?" box, type in the name of a game you want to part with.
- Click search.
- Click the green plus sign underneath the appropriate game/version.
- Describe the condition.
- Click "Choose an image for" and select the image of the box of the game.
- Click Submit.
- Rinse and repeat.

5) Create a list of acceptable one-for-one trades:

- Click on "Make Trades" (next to "Add Items")
- The top row has the games you want to part with.
- The left column has the games you want to obtain.
- In the middle of the grid, click each box for which you are willing to make a one-for-one trade.
- Just above the grid click on "Print Matrix" to view/print all trades you are willing to make in an easy to read format.

(EDIT - At some point, I was prompted to enter my BGG username to link my abecorn and BGG accounts. I received a geekmail with a link to confirm ownership of the account.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Derwood
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers, Winter Game Fest, etc.
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah!
This text was the problem.

- Click on "Add Items" (next to "Browse").
- In the "What are you looking for?" box, type in the name of a game you want to part with.

Instead of What are you looking for (which implies a game you want to GET), I'd write "What game do you want to trade away?"

Spent ANOTHER 20 minutes trying to add an item to trade. Watched the video. Followed the instructions (though they don't match, since this is a no-ship and I don't need to upload images). I can't see any of the games I added. I don't get it. I'm an IT pro, have written books on using the web, and have done many math trades. Sigh...

Did more tests with multiple browsers and detailed check against instructions. Seems nothing I add actually gets added. Moving on.

Just checked again, and the process works now. Yeah!

Sadly, it doesn't work again. I can still add items, I just can't include any images.

This morning I find that all the additions I had to do without photos now have photos added (by someone). Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim H
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for hosting the math trade again. I'm looking forward to making some swaps. But I also wanted to provide a few quick comments on the site for possible improvements:

- I really don't like the popup that appears when you mouse over the "Add Items" section. I went to the math trade first to just browse what's been added thus far and every so often my mouse pointer would stray over that tab causing the annoying popup. I don't need a popup message telling me I need to do an import when I'm just browsing. The popup shouldn't display until I actually click the Add Items tab.

- Once I click "Add Items" I get a popup saying that I need to link to my BGG account. I was in a hurry, so I just entered my username and did NOT check the BGG validation flag. It says it's loading something or other, but nothing actually happens. Once I had time and did the BGG validation, then it worked fine. The process either needs to be fixed to actually work without BGG validation or get rid of the check box and make it mandatory from the start.

- On "Make Trades", you might want to add a note at the top of the page indicating that changes are saved automatically as soon as the flag is checked/unchecked. I appreciate that it saves everything immediately so I can't lose data. But it also means I have to be extra careful not to make mistakes which would cause a bad trade for me. Thus I think a warning note might be a good idea. Not to mention it will help stop people like me from looking for a Submit button!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thetshell wrote:
Thanks for hosting the math trade again. I'm looking forward to making some swaps. But I also wanted to provide a few quick comments on the site for possible improvements:

- I really don't like the popup that appears when you mouse over the "Add Items" section. I went to the math trade first to just browse what's been added thus far and every so often my mouse pointer would stray over that tab causing the annoying popup. I don't need a popup message telling me I need to do an import when I'm just browsing. The popup shouldn't display until I actually click the Add Items tab.

- Once I click "Add Items" I get a popup saying that I need to link to my BGG account. I was in a hurry, so I just entered my username and did NOT check the BGG validation flag. It says it's loading something or other, but nothing actually happens. Once I had time and did the BGG validation, then it worked fine. The process either needs to be fixed to actually work without BGG validation or get rid of the check box and make it mandatory from the start.

- On "Make Trades", you might want to add a note at the top of the page indicating that changes are saved automatically as soon as the flag is checked/unchecked. I appreciate that it saves everything immediately so I can't lose data. But it also means I have to be extra careful not to make mistakes which would cause a bad trade for me. Thus I think a warning note might be a good idea. Not to mention it will help stop people like me from looking for a Submit button!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll update our roadmap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wyatt
United States
Stewartstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ben,

I am having trouble adding games to the trade. It lets me do everything but then when I hit submit the game does not show up. It let me add two, but none after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FluidSpace wrote:
Hey Ben,

I am having trouble adding games to the trade. It lets me do everything but then when I hit submit the game does not show up. It let me add two, but none after that.

Yes, looking at it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Mcgavisk
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FluidSpace wrote:
Hey Ben,

Same thing here. If I try to add a game with a picture it will not take, but if I try to add it without a picture it is added to the list. I also went in to edit the added items to add a picture and the item will not update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amcgavisk wrote:
FluidSpace wrote:
Hey Ben,

Same thing here. If I try to add a game with a picture it will not take, but if I try to add it without a picture it is added to the list. I also went in to edit the added items to add a picture and the item will not update.

Ah, yes thanks for pinpointing it. I'll have a fix shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in one copy of the three Washington Wars listed. However, clicking the "Trade Protection" button does nothing. In the video, it brings up a dialog allowing me to prevent duplicates. This is not working properly, is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amcgavisk wrote:
FluidSpace wrote:
Hey Ben,

The image related posting issue is fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpowers wrote:
I'm interested in one copy of the three Washington Wars listed. However, clicking the "Trade Protection" button does nothing. In the video, it brings up a dialog allowing me to prevent duplicates. This is not working properly, is it?

Are you still having this issue? If so what os/browser are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wyatt
United States
Stewartstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, I am still having trouble. Its the picture problem. No picture, added fine. Insert picture, does not add. I am using google chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FluidSpace wrote:
Ben, I am still having trouble. Its the picture problem. No picture, added fine. Insert picture, does not add. I am using google chrome.

Clear your browser cache, I use Chrome and sometimes it gets sticky with old data.

Otherwise are you using a url or an embedded image for your post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick A
United States
Exton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else having trouble with the forgot password functionality? I've entered both my username and email address and neither has resulted in getting an email. Its been a few hours so it does not seem like I just need to wait longer.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drazkor wrote:
Anyone else having trouble with the forgot password functionality? I've entered both my username and email address and neither has resulted in getting an email. Its been a few hours so it does not seem like I just need to wait longer.

Thanks!

We changed our system since last year's WBC, so you'll have to sign up again if you're trying to use your old login.

Otherwise, please PM me your username.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick A
United States
Exton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
drazkor wrote:

Thanks!

We changed our system since last year's WBC, so you'll have to sign up again if you're trying to use your old login.

Otherwise, please PM me your username.

Registering again worked. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the closing time correct?

It says "Trade Results will be on 7/16/16 9pm EST"

But as I'm on the site right now (7/14/2016, 5:01pm EDT) the countdown says 3 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes. So, say 5pm was 3 days, 7 hours. I think that puts it closing on the morning of the 18th at midnight.

Am I reading it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otteydw wrote:
Is the closing time correct?

It says "Trade Results will be on 7/16/16 9pm EST"

But as I'm on the site right now (7/14/2016, 5:01pm EDT) the countdown says 3 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes. So, say 5pm was 3 days, 7 hours. I think that puts it closing on the morning of the 18th at midnight.

Am I reading it wrong?

Corrected.

Good catch, I forgot I was in PST when I started the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
Corrected.

Good catch, I forgot I was in PST when I started the trade.

I think your "correction" adjusted it to 9pm on Sunday the 17th. My counter right now says 2 days, 10 hours 46 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.