Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Played a mission yesterday and was shocked by a "you only have two turns left" message.

I was not even aware that I was playing a turn-limited game let alone how many turns I had. I can't even remember seeing a turn counter.

Did I miss something - maybe I wasn't paying attention at the beginning?

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
This is the 'Peril' mechanic. Every turn peril increases, and it will increase more if you didn't do something in the app. When peril reaches certain levels you will start getting bad things happening, which at the extreme end can be large amounts of damage or a turn limit. To get this message implies you had been taking a long time and had probably seen several other perils before this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howlinpelle Almquist
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same message. was shocked, too. and lost the quest...
You haven't missed something exept of...

every mission punishes you for moving to slow (and thus have a hidden turn counter). But not every quest has a maximum turn number. Sometimes your heroes get damage, sometimes new monsters are spawned (and sometimes you has a maximum number of turns left). This is to force you to move quickly through the dungeon instead of fully heal up before you open the next door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, that sorts of explains it.

The problem I have is that when I got the 'You have 2 days left' warning is was practically impossible to complete the mission.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.