Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: CE Q1 - Anyone using the sleeves that came with the Collector's Editon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few questions that are not related to each other so I'll ask 'em individually:

Firstly, I'm brand new to Twilight Struggle. i'm so sure I'll enjoy the game I bought the Collector's Edition.

The sleeves that came with the game are more like card protectors than card sleeves. That being said, I sleeved them all with the included sleeves.

Other than being unusually thick and possible unusual to shuffle and hold, is this really all that's wrong with them?

Does anyone else keep them in the included sleeves? Seems like they'll protect the cards for life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawk
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the sleeves. They are quite a bit thicker than the sleeves I normally use (FFG), but I actually like them a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawk757 wrote:
I use the sleeves. They are quite a bit thicker than the sleeves I normally use (FFG), but I actually like them a lot.

Same here. They are Heavy Duty. Those cards will survive a Nuclear Attack devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use them too.

I even took some left overs to sleeve special cards in other games such as the Nixon and Kennedy cards in 1960: The Making of the President.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Krebs

Fort Collins
Colorado
msg tools
I love them! Now i just want them to send me the corrected cards. I have a bad feeling GMT is planing on trying to ignore this into oblivion. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
tkrebs3237 wrote:
I love them! Now i just want them to send me the corrected cards. I have a bad feeling GMT is planing on trying to ignore this into oblivion. . .

GMT announced on June 18 that the corrected cards are on their way to their warehouse—arrival 4 weeks from then, and then shipped on to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not using the sleeves that came with it. They arrived with some bending problems and the plastic had a strange texture I wasn't cool with. Fantasy Flight Supply for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOVE the sleeves!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hated the sleeves. They stuck to each other and to every table surface I tried out. Getting cards in, with the stickiness problem, would have been impossible if the cards were thinner. $8 worth of fantasy flight sleeves later and I was happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's enough good feedback for me. I figured it was hate across the board. I like the idea of bomb-proof sleeves. Frankly, high-rotation games like Love Letter might do well with these sleeves.

Anyone know what exactly these sleeves are? Where to possibly buy more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use them. They're fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bindlestick Bindlestick
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Threads like these almost make me wonder if we all got the same product. I can't imagine using the thick and sticky sleeves that came with the CE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
bindlestick wrote:
Threads like these almost make me wonder if we all got the same product. I can't imagine using the thick and sticky sleeves that came with the CE.

I hear you. Truly I do. But heck, I like em. Go figure. I also think they would be great for other games. ...if you're interested in selling me the sleeves if you still have 'em feel free to PM me. If you're not gonna use 'em you can turn 'em into a little money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.