BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Recommend something based on my collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny Carhat
msg tools
mbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jcarhat

So, always looking to pick something new up, its quite hard to pin down what I like in a game, or what makes a game enjoyable to be. But i'll briefly talk about whats at the top of my collection.

Arctic Scavengers

it's by far the most fun I've had as a budding table top gamer. It's been a great hit with my friends, even those who havent touched a boardgame outside of monopoly.
What I LOVE about it is this idea that i'm creating and growing something that is my own. The deck building is great BUT its only fun because I get to interact with other players CONSTANTLY. I'm always concerned about what they are bringing to a skirmish, or when I should use my snipers.

Concordia

This has also been a big hit with my friends. And to be honest I have no idea why I like this game so much. Something about, playing a card for an action feels and seems so intuitive, its what I like most about this game. PLus while there is no direct player interaction you can still screw with your friends.

Blue moon

I like putting cards down and having them do stuff to myself or my opponent. Its fills my "magic the gathering" itch without there being an endless chase for new cards.

So I don't know, looking at these games, and whats in my collection (I have enjoyed playing almost every game in my collection though its harder to get into some of the bigger ones like EH and FS), what do you think I would enjoy playing?

Oh and for the record, I'm going in to buy Citadels tomorrow and I am placing an order in for Food Chain Magnate. They both seem like games I would love to play.

OH and before anyone says Dominion, I am put off by the tonnes of expansions and I enjoy games with player interaction. Even though the idea of building a well oiled machine (deck) is very tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for reading me, I'm so lonely.
mbmbmbmbmb
You really seem to enjoy card based games where you interact with the other players. May I suggest Imperial Settlers? You aren't always interacting with other players... but when you do you can certainly screw up what they're doing in an instant! Also, if that theme doesn't do it for you it is extremely similar to 51st State: Master Set, which could be right up your alley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you would enjoy Blood Rage quite a bit. It's the game I pull out instead of FS whenever I have 4-5 players as opposed to 2-3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Carhat
msg tools
mbmbmb
justrick wrote:
I think you would enjoy Blood Rage quite a bit. It's the game I pull out instead of FS whenever I have 4-5 players as opposed to 2-3.

I've seen that pop up here and there whenever I have looked out for it. It looked interesting, thats for sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl Brice
United States
East Stroudsburg
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest Libertalia, Sheriff of Nottingham, and 7 Wonders. Libertalia I would consider a somewhat meatier pirate version of Citadels. Sheriff has a good player interaction, bluffing aspect. 7 Wonders has a lot of expansions but the base game on it's own is a perfectly good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1)Interactive Game - Puzzle Strike (Third Edition) + Puzzle Strike Shadows
Its a "bag builder" so it plays like dominion with poker chips instead of cards... oh and its interactive as hell... You don't collect VP's as in dominion, you have to try to eliminate your opponents by striking them with your chips. Best thing, only 1 expansion.

2)Building Stuff Interactively - Keyflower Very interactive (non-direct) and competitive Auction/Worker Placement Game.
You build and upgrade a village of tiles.

3)Magic Replacement - Millennium Blades What could be better than a CCG that you get everything in one box? Its a game about playing in cardgame tournaments...aka a CCG simulator. Every round you buy cards, build decks, then compete in prize tournaments and do so with a very euro scoring mechanic.

4)Engine builder - Splendor or Spyrium engine builders with some interactivity.

wild cards:

Five Tribes & Quadropolis - 2 of the best game in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Blood Rage - one of 2015s big hits!

+1 Keyflower - superb and highly interactive.

Core Worlds + Core Worlds: Galactic Orders - another great deckbuilder!

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game - if you have enough players (5 or so).

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Carhat
msg tools
mbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
1)Interactive Game - Puzzle Strike (Third Edition) + Puzzle Strike Shadows
Its a "bag builder" so it plays like dominion with poker chips instead of cards... oh and its interactive as hell... You don't collect VP's as in dominion, you have to try to eliminate your opponents by striking them with your chips. Best thing, only 1 expansion.

2)Building Stuff Interactively - Keyflower Very interactive (non-direct) and competitive Auction/Worker Placement Game.
You build and upgrade a village of tiles.

3)Magic Replacement - Millennium Blades What could be better than a CCG that you get everything in one box? Its a game about playing in cardgame tournaments...aka a CCG simulator. Every round you buy cards, build decks, then compete in prize tournaments and do so with a very euro scoring mechanic.

4)Engine builder - Splendor or Spyrium engine builders with some interactivity.

wild cards:

Five Tribes & Quadropolis - 2 of the best game in my collection.

Keep hearing good things about puzzle strike but cant find it anywhere

EDIT: Strike that. found it on amazon. I remember it being much more pricey to ship to australia though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.