United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
[This space intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominique is a game that has been sitting in my inlaws' cabinet for years so I decided to play to find out what it was like. Talking with my inlaws, they didn't remember ever playing it either. When I saw that few even on BGG had played, I thought I had to give fair warning...

Components:
As listed in the description, there are 44 tiles with three colored circles. The tiles are cardboard but pretty thick and well colored.

Game play:
Unfortunately, this is where the game really lacks polish. Essentially, you only ever have two choices (at the most) of where to put a tile. And, if you continue a scoring set, the player after you can then continue it and score a slightly greater amount. In my experiences, the scores almost always come out close because of this. Even my mother-in-law couldn't stand the rules as written and started suggesting possible variants (a jaw dropping moment if I've ever seen one).

Variants:
The redeeming feature of this game is the incredible variety of changes you could make to the game. The tiles are versatile and you can use them in a bunch of different ways. We tried several variants and all were more fun than the original game.

Overall:
The components are good but the game as written is very poor. Get it for the components and toss the rule book when you open it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.