provided health service free
at the point of use

Scraping hospital parking charges

A Halt to privatisation, the NHS will remain
a cherished public-owned institution
under a BNP Government

Cuting bureaucracy, not nurses’
jobs and hospitals

If so you share a platform with the BNP fascist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my trains on time too. I still wouldn't vote for Hitler.

What does this even have to do with anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:

Well lets see
Quote:

If it were me, I would think long and hard about any political beliefs I shared with the BNP.

That is what this has to do with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
a public funded and
at the point of use

under a BNP Government

jobs and hospitals

No I share a policy not a platform.

I have not voted ever for a candidate or a party or a cause which used xenophobic imagery.

I will always do my best to distance myself and denounce all racism, xenophobia, homophobia and crypto-fascism that has attached itself to any cause that I support. I would expect the prominent politicians attached to that cause to do the same.

Racism is at its worst since the 80s - there has even been an attack with a molotov cocktail. The BBC even vox-pops someone with a swastika (who is a member of the fascist NBU) who says "stopping immigration isn't racism". This is a result of the toxic tone taken by some of the Brexiteers and they have done nothing to calm the situation.

So yes entirely equivalent to supporting the NHS - not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
a public funded and
at the point of use

under a BNP Government

jobs and hospitals

No I share a policy not a platform.

I have not voted ever for a candidate or a party or a cause which used xenophobic imagery.

I will always do my best to distance myself and denounce all racism, xenophobia, homophobia and crypto-fascism that has attached itself to any cause that I support. I would expect the prominent politicians attached to that cause to do the same.

Racism is at its worst since the 80s - there has even been an attack with a molotov cocktail. The BBC even vox-pops someone with a swastika (who is a member of the fascist NBU) who says "stopping immigration isn't racism". This is a result of the toxic tone taken by some of the Brexiteers and they have done nothing to calm the situation.

So yes entirely equivalent to supporting the NHS - not.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/19/michael-gove...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you were a hair away from Godwinning your own thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
I think you were a hair away from Godwinning your own thread.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3648946/I-shuddered-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:

Well lets see
Quote:

If it were me, I would think long and hard about any political beliefs I shared with the BNP.

And I meant what I said. Not that I wouldn't necessarily support the NHS, but I would think about why the BNP supports it. If it's just political vote-buying, I could live with it. If it fits with their core goal of getting immigrants out of my country by any means necessary, then their endorsement of a policy would be a serious problem for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:

Well lets see
Quote:

And I meant what I said. Not that I wouldn't necessarily support the NHS, but I would think about why the BNP supports it. If it's just political vote-buying, I could live with it. If it fits with their core goal of getting immigrants out of my country by any means necessary, then their endorsement of a policy would be a serious problem for me.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/28/a-vote-to-leave-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Look at the date on that article.

Was it before the referendum or after the referendum?
When was the sharp rise of racist behaviour - before or after the referendum?

So where have the prominent Brexit politicians tried to calm the situation post-referendum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Look at the date on that article.

Was it before the referendum or after the referendum?
When was the sharp rise of racist behaviour - before or after the referendum?

So where have the prominent Brexit politicians tried to calm the situation post-referendum?
My mistake I assumed were were talking about the campaign.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/683827/dutch-minister-benef...

Not a million miles form what Farage has been saying, bloody fascist Europhiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/27/sadiq-khan-m...

Quote:

“I’ve seen a lot of confusion over the weekend about the status of people living in this country. It’s absolutely clear that people from other European Union countries who are living here have their rights protected. All that people want to see is a system that’s fair, impartial and humane to all people coming from around the world,”

“And also, obviously people from the UK living abroad, living in the rest of the EU, will also have their rights completely protected. I just worry there’s been a certain amount of confusion in the media over the last 24 hours.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King in Green
Japan
flag msg tools
mb
Well, we know you don't think of yourself as a supporter of intolerance. Do the intolerant bastards out there who have no been emboldened by the referendum victory and who are busily making life a misery for people who look or act or sound a bit different to what they consider to be the norm know that? They think being part of 52% on one referendum question (which clearly had more than 2 answers....) gives them some sort of a moral mandate. Do something today to disabuse them of this. Speak up clear and loud and tell us about it. Tell your friends. Don't just not be intolerant, be anti-intolerance. We could all do with some positivity rather than infighting forevermore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Quote:

“I’ve seen a lot of confusion over the weekend about the status of people living in this country. It’s absolutely clear that people from other European Union countries who are living here have their rights protected. All that people want to see is a system that’s fair, impartial and humane to all people coming from around the world,”

“And also, obviously people from the UK living abroad, living in the rest of the EU, will also have their rights completely protected. I just worry there’s been a certain amount of confusion in the media over the last 24 hours.”

What point are you trying to make?
This article (not your snippet) shows that some Brexiters are unpleasant shits and the rest of us are trying to cope with them.
Your quote is just wishful thinking. A lot of Brexiters want Europeans deported and soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Quote:

This article (not your snippet) shows that some Brexiters are unpleasant shits and the rest of us are trying to cope with them.
Your quote is just wishful thinking. A lot of Brexiters want Europeans deported and soon.
NO it is not, it's what Boris has said. If it is wishful thinking it is the wishful thinking of one of the leaders of the Brexit campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Quote:

NO it is not, it's what Boris has said. If it is wishful thinking it is the wishful thinking of one of the leaders of the Brexit campaign.

As I said wishful thinking. Boris joined leave out of personal ambition rather than his views on leaving. He now realises that this has become obvious to lots of people and is making statesmanlike noises. He would really rather be in hence his remarks that we should allow free movement of people if that's the price of the free market which is just insane given he was a leader of Out. Since he is a congenital liar there's no point quoting him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Quote:

As I said wishful thinking. Boris joined leave out of personal ambition rather than his views on leaving. He now realises that this has become obvious to lots of people and is making statesmanlike noises. He would really rather be in hence his remarks that we should allow free movement of people if that's the price of the free market which is just insane given he was a leader of Out. Since he is a congenital liar there's no point quoting him.
So you accept he has asked for calm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Quote:

He has. But it's like the arsonist calling the fire department and urging them to get there quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Quote:

I'm sorry Steven but that is hardly a call for calm. It is in no way a condemnation of those who are using the situation to engage in xenophobic and racist attacks. What it is, is a statement of the current situation wrt EU residents in the UK and UK residents in the EU.

In a way it deprecates the bad behaviour - after all it is just "confusion" (according to Boris) not xenophobic and racist hate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.