United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks,

We are hosting a contest via our blog where readers have a chance to win a copy of Forged in Fire, in addition to getting their contest entries published....details below..

FORGED IN FIRE CONTEST:

The Civil War was all about the leaders. The bright (and sometimes not so bright) personalities that determined the fate of a divided nation with their wits and wills. Who is your favorite leader unit/character/piece in boardgaming? Is it Stonewall Jackson from "Stonewall Jackson's Way"? Is it Rommel from one of the many North Africa Games? Could it be Joan of Arc? Who is your favorite and why? Tell me in ONE PARAGRAPH. The answer can be related to the history of the person or the way the unit/piece/character works in the game. I will be very lenient on the interpretation of the term "leader" as long as you really tell me why he/she/or it is your favorite. Entries from all types of board/tabletop/text/miniature/ladies badminton gaming are welcome.

Do this by no 11:59 pm on April 17th and send it to one of two places!
1. If you read my blog via post on boardgamegeek you can send it to my geekmail. (kingcujoI) But please note that this contest is NOT presented by BoardGameGeek.com and is privately hosted by this blog and Worthington Games.
2. The Worthington Games email at wg@worthingtongames.com

Please put FORGED CONTEST in the subject header and your paragraph in the body of the email. No attachments.

The winner will be chosen by the Worthington Games team and will be announced April 24th. We will also publish the best entries on the blog and create a geeklist via the leaders/games mentioned.

I have often noticed that boardgamers are an amazingly intelligent demographic. I am sure these answers will be exciting.

Thanks!

-Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Contest ends tonight at 11:59 PM. So far we have had some great responses but you still have time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to put this here but the winner was first announced via geeklist here....

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21204

Congrats to Aaron Bell for his winning entry. He receives a free copy of Forged in Fire.

We had a lot of entries, and all were great. Thank you to everyone that participated. We will be doing a contest a month for the foreseeable future. So stay tuned.

Thanks,

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.