Popular Tags: convention [+] [View All]
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those in the New England/ new Hampshire area.

Plymouth State University Gaming Club's Econocon X this Saturday and Sunday. (Plymouth, NH)

There will be boardgaming going on the entire time, non-stop. A large selection of boardgames will also be available on tables to borrow and play (Unity Game style).

Econo Con:
Saturday: 8am-11pm Sunday: 8am-6pm
Addmission is $10 (Good for both days) Under 10 years old is freee with adult.

There is a Carcassonne tournament (I think on Sunday) the winner recieves a brand new Carcassonne Big Box

For further info and directions please go to http://oz.plymouth.edu/~psugaming/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ooo! Sounds like fun! But it's over Easter Weekend. I would suggest a different date next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about the date. However (and get this), I happen to be the Campus Minister at PSU and I am holding a thrity minute Easter Service on Sunday Morning using game terminology and humor to celebrate Easter. The service will be at the Con itself. I think this may be a first for any CON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow! That's awesome! I don't think I can go regardless but have fun and good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ventola
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BOARD GAMES ALL DAY LONG!!...BOARD GAMES ALL DAY LONG!!...BOARD GAMES ALL DAY LONG!!...BOARD GAMES ALL DAY LONG!!...

I will definately be there all day on both days. I look forward to trying out some games I haven't played yet (which are a lot). I will also be preparing to finally overtake Preston in Twilight Struggle. And I am also preparing a fleet of ships to battle with in Pirates of the Spanish Main.

BOARD GAMES ALL DAY LONG!!...BOARD GAMES ALL DAY LONG!!...BOARD GAMES ALL DAY LONG!!...BOARD GAMES ALL DAY LONG!!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Capach
United States
Maybrook
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to EconoCon, as well. I have a few games I bought recently I'd like to play like Taj Mahal and Primordial Soup.

And you can bet I'll be in that Carcassonne tournament. I'd love to get that Big Box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Szabadics
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there both days ready to play any and all board games I can. I'll also be the one running the Carcassonne tournament where the winner can walk away with a brand new Carcassonne Big Box!

I'll have all 40+ of the games I own there so anyone can play the stuff I have. I imagine a few others will be bringing their games to con too. The Gaming club that runs the con has their collection as well.

Lastly I'll be readying fleets of varying sizes to take on any and all challangers in Pirates of the Spanish Main. It's my current addiction and I can't wait to play a larger multiplayer battle. I also have been writing up a scenario game I think everyone will have fun with.

It's gonna be loads of fun people. Come on by even if only for the first day. You wont be sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bring the prime cuts of my game collection as well. I may run a few "teaching sessions" in the morning for folks who show up and may not be in a game or know anybody personaly. Randy, I may join you at some poits for Pirates. Is there any certain kind of fleet I should put together for your scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Szabadics
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend a 40 point fleet for the basic game and maybe an 80 point fleet for a deathmatch type of game. The scenario game I want to do would just require a 40 point fleet that is designed to stop a larger fleet of ships. The rest I'll let you know later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only got $10 in your pocket and nothing to do this weekend then come to Econo Con!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.