Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
What if I roll a 3 on the Constitution or Fortitude 5 check? Do I also take 2 combat damage?

Another question,
Tangle Trap has difficulty 7 to defeat. Since this not a combat check, and if I roll a 4, I don't need to take any combat damage right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) No, the Con/Fort check doesn't deal damage, just triggers the bury effect.

2) No. This defeat check is against a barrier, so no damage is taken due to failing rolls.

FYI: Combat checks aren't what deal damage, its the fact that the check is against a monster. So combat checks against any other card type deal no damage (but might still have a negative effect, check the Powers text).

Also, be sure to check out this FAQ entry, this scenario got an overhaul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks just read that, but i still have problem understand the sequence.

How about this?
1. I encounter the tangle trap
2. Roll the Con/Fort check 7 and failed
3. End my turn
4. Start my new turn
5. Defeat the Fiendish tree and get Vinst
6. Roll the Con/Fort check 5, regardless of my roll, it is pointless to Vinst at this point.

The only time I should use Vinst is when I roll the Con/Fort check and success the 7 difficult check?

And to get Vinst ready in my head, I need to acquire him in my previous turns? To meet all these conditions are very hard.

cosined wrote:
1) No, the Con/Fort check doesn't deal damage, just triggers the bury effect.

2) No. This defeat check is against a barrier, so no damage is taken due to failing rolls.

FYI: Combat checks aren't what deal damage, its the fact that the check is against a monster. So combat checks against any other card type deal no damage (but might still have a negative effect, check the Powers text).

Also, be sure to check out this FAQ entry, this scenario got an overhaul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get Vinst at the start of your turn. And the Tangletrap con/fort 5 check is only if it was previously undefeated and therefore displayed. So, it would go like this:

My turn
1. Instead of my first (free) exploration, I summon and encounter a Fiendish Tree henchman. I defeat it, so I get to add Vinst to my hand.
2. I play a card (probably a blessing or ally) to explore again. I encounter a Tangle Trap henchman.
3. I attempt the Strength, Dexterity, or Stealth 7 check to defeat it. I succeed, thus defeating it.
4. I return Vinst to the box to automatically close the location.

Or this could happen:

My turn
1. Instead of my first (free) exploration, I summon and encounter a Fiendish Tree henchman. I defeat it, so I get to add Vinst to my hand.
2. I play a card (probably a blessing or ally) to explore again. I encounter a Tangle Trap henchman.
3. I attempt the Strength, Dexterity, or Stealth 7 check to defeat it. I fail.
4. I dsiplay the Tangle Trap next to the location deck.

My next turn
1. At the start of my turn I attempt a Constitution or Fortitude 5 check. If I fail, I bury the top card of my deck. If I succeed I banish the displayed Tangle Trap. Regardless, Vinst won't help me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
How about this?
1. I encounter a Tangle Trap henchman.
2. I attempt the Strength, Dexterity, or Stealth 7 check to defeat it. I succeed, thus defeating it.
3. End my turn
4. At the start of my new turn, I summon and encounter a Fiendish Tree henchman. I defeat it, so I get to add Vinst to my hand. Then, I played Vinst to close the location.

This is the text:
"When any character defeats a henchman from a location deck, return this card to the box to allow that character to automatically close that location"

Basically, can I defeat the Tangle Trap, and then Vinst in the next turn and use him to close the location.

Thanks. This scenario is driving me nuts cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're bending/stretching the concept of "when" too much. To use Vinst, someone has to have him in hand when the Tangle Trap is defeated, not at some point in the future after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fergus

Arlington
Massachusetts
msg tools
mb
Important note: Vinst has errata. He doesn't do what it says on the printed card. Instead, he makes the scenario MUCH easier.
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1h4#v5748eaic9u1r

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.