3 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Injustice theme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthieu Germain
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi all i need your help in making an injustice theme deck building game.

What im trying to do is team superman vs team batman

One player/team play the regime while the other play the insurgency. Similar to the optional rule in forever evil box set for mixing the base with it.

Any advice in making this possible or is there already one made. Thank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, great idea. I love the Injustice comics and game and I think bringing this Alt. Reality take would be a fun tie-in with the new game when it comes out next year.

As far as custom ideas, I think you could go two routes:

1) Rivals Knock-out Mechanic: I think this mechanic is closest to the idea of "Regime vs Insurgency" and adds a fun nod to the video game by having characters confronted and beaten. You could make a set of characters for each side with increasing cost and have the final for each side be Batman and Superman. With this, you can give each character in a set slightly different abilities that tie into a specific theme (Insurgency focusing on equipment due to Batman and Regime focusing on Super-Powers for Superman). This is already pretty close to the characters from Rivals 1 but you could go in a lot more unique directions based on your personal discretion. You would have to use the Confrontation mechanic in this scenario so if you want to play with already released cards you may be limited. This version also is focused on a 2-Player only game so understand how many people you want to build this Mod for.

2) Team Synergy: You already mentioned the alternate mode from Forever Evil which could work well. What I would recommend is look at using/creating non-main characters to play as on each side and then create your Super-Stacks with main characters from the opposing sides. You may want to follow what the Crossover packs do and have a set cost increase and order so it feels more thematic when you take down Batman or Superman. Otherwise it would be a pretty easy adaptation with those alternate rules and the best choice if you plan to play with multiple people (though you could still do a 2-Player version without too much adjustment).

I hope that was helpful. I don't have much experience at actually designing alt./variant cards so this is far as I can go on your journey. Best of luck and let us know if you come up with something you want to share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rivals setup could work well, with characters you're trying to defeat. That could be either linear, like in Rivals, or tiered, so you can take characters in the first tier whenever, but can only defeat second-tier characters once you've cleared the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.