Popular Tags: magazine [+] [View All]
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need some quality toilet reading (hey, it's quiet and nobody bugs me) and it is a bit tricky taking a laptop in there.

It's okay once you get it balanced but then wiping becomes a bit..... never mind, you get the idea.

Are there any good games magazines with a euro focus out there that I could subscribe to (and that will send to Australia)?

Found this thread but it is a bit old - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2623

I subscribed to something on BGG once but you had to read it on screen or print heaps of pages (and it didn't look so nice in black and white). What was that anyway, it cost me gold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
I just came across Knucklebones magazine (http://www.kbones.com). On their subscription page they do look like they ship to foreign countries, but with a pretty big bump in subscription price. The magazine is well worth it, it is the best one I have seen on the market. Games Quarterly (http://www.gamesquarterly.net) is pretty good as well, but I didnt' see a subscription page on their website.
Other than that, the market is pretty sparse.
I hope this helps.

Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote goes for Counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Counter magazine is my favorite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermann Huth
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Counter magazine. It is a quarterly print magazine out of England, with contributors from all over the globe. About 50% of each issue (70-80 pages) are reviews, about 15% letters and the rest commentary and columns. The news and reviews may not be up-to-the-minute, being quarterly, but with so much signal and so very, very little noise, it's never been an issue with me.

You can get a subscription through FunAgain, but that may just be for US folks. There is also a way to PayPal funds directly. If you are interested, drop me a geek mail and I'll get you specifics.

You can type in 'Counter' in the search box at FunAgain and see all of the past issues. Click on them and there should be a picture of the index page you can enlarge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I subscribe to both Knucklebones and to Games Quarterly - and I wish I hadn't. Since they rely on advertising revenue from publishers, I've noticed that their "reviews" are always complimentary.

I skim them at best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inquest...focused on collectible games and damn funny!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.