Strat-O-Matic Baseball» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help reading pitcher card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TONY d
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can someone please explain why there is a reading for an out for a hitter followed by 2 split situations on the same roll of dice. Very confused. I understand when a split result is required. This situation I don't see in rule book
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the two split situations in italics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe what you are talking about is a ballpark thing.

Look something like this?

gb(p)B
SI** 1-15
gb(ss)B 16-20

I believe you only use the splits if using ballpark effects. if not, than just the first result. They are confusing to look at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TONY d
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe you hit the nail on the head. Makes sense thanks man. Really love the quick response. Game on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TONY d
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No. I believe the other poster has answered my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Holden
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eehpguru wrote:
Can someone please explain why there is a reading for an out for a hitter followed by 2 split situations on the same roll of dice. Very confused. I understand when a split result is required. This situation I don't see in rule book

If you are using the Super-Advanced set of rules, then you use the split reading. If not, then you use the original result beside the number.

Depends on which symbol you are talking about. The filled upside down triangle or the open right side up triangle. Here is both:

30.4 BALL PARK SINGLES ?: Ignore all readings that have a (upside down black triangle) symbol to the left of them. Instead, refer to the Ball Park Effect Chart. Find the home stadium and the correct batting stance of the current batter (L=lefty or R=righty). This is the new dice range for the single. Roll the 20-sided die to determine whether the batter has hit a SINGLE* or a lineout.

As for the open triangle - it is referred to as a ball park singles corrector. Not much description other than if you are using Super Advanced Rules, you ignore the first reading and refer to the second reading in Italics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.