Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't see it in the FAQ. I had a situation come up where I had a locust figure one space away from me and I played the Ambush order card. It says the player can move the locust figure up to 2 areas towards the player.

My question is could I move the locust figure past my figure that is to say through my area and beyond me by one space? Does this not mean "towards" if I move him past? I wanted to move him past onto an emergence hole and then throw a bolo at both the locust and the hole, but wasn't sure if this was right so I moved him onto my space instead.

I think thematically you could wait until an enemy is past you and then ambush them. You see that in the movies all the time, I just wasn't sure if it fit with the wording of "towards"?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would not be allowed. Each of the figure's movements would have to be towards you. Once it is in the same space as you, you can't move it any further. (this works the same as when they move by their AI)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
That would not be allowed. Each of the figure's movements would have to be towards you. Once it is in the same space as you, you can't move it any further. (this works the same as when they move by their AI)

What he said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played it correct then. It didn't seem right to move him towards me and then away. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Vormwald1 wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't see it in the FAQ.

Q13 more or less covers it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.