Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hey brains trust,

if you have two or more sec testing installed, can you nominate one single server for all of them and then collect the credits for each of them in a single run? Or do they need to be separate remotes?

e.g.

2x sec testing installed, start turn- single nominate remote for both, first click - successfully run remote, collect 4 credits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Text: When your turn begins, choose a server. The first time you make a successful run on that server this turn, instead of accessing cards, gain 2 (credits).

The key word is "first". You can only security test a server one time each turn. If you have more than one Security Testing installed, you need to designate different servers, otherwise just do one security test run. I learned this the hard way, running archives that was full of Shocks! two times. The second run cost me three cards and ultimately the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wittela wrote:
Text: When your turn begins, choose a server. The first time you make a successful run on that server this turn, instead of accessing cards, gain 2 (credits).

The key word is "first". You can only security test a server one time each turn. If you have more than one Security Testing installed, you need to designate different servers, otherwise just do one security test run. I learned this the hard way, running archives that was full of Shocks! two times. The second run cost me three cards and ultimately the game.

Actually, in the case of the OP question, the important bit is "INSTEAD OF ACCESSING CARDS, GAIN 2"

Only ONE replacement effect can be used on a Run, so if you have 2x Security Testing installed and choose the same server for both, you'll only get 2 credits, since once you replace accessing cards with gaining 2 credits, you can no longer replace accessing cards with gaining 2 credits a second time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
basically what happens is, both security testings meet their trigger condition so the runner chooses which to resolve first. the first one resolves and replaces your access with 2 credits. then the second one tries to resolve and replace your access but you're not accessing cards anymore. it was already replaced with gaining 2 credits so there's no access to replace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
taylor20k wrote:
basically what happens is, both security testings meet their trigger condition so the runner chooses which to resolve first. the first one resolves and replaces your access with 2 credits. then the second one tries to resolve and replace your access but you're not accessing cards anymore. it was already replaced with gaining 2 credits so there's no access to replace.

Thanks.

I figured it would probably be something like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.