Josh Christensen
msg tools
designer
How can I change it to make it better/acceptable? What are BGG mods looking for?
Here's 3 examples of what is rejected:

Also, as a total side note -being new to BGG- I find it hilarious that they say:

"We're sorry that we couldn't use the recent image that you uploaded related to Four, and it was removed it from the system.

Reasons:
100% Badly Cropped

Sincerely,
The Geek Community"

HAHA, at least they are sincere.pD

-Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb

is a vertical image, but has a lot of background, and is only using about a third of the space. Any time someone wanted to use that image, they would be stuck with that extra background. The others have a lot of extra background, especially along the top.

Also, it looks like a watermark has been whited-out. If these are your images, it is better to upload a clean copy, without the white-outs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Christensen
msg tools
designer
Thanks for the feedback. And yes, they are mine, lol. I didn't know the watermark was an issue until i tried the first time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody tends to go for artistic advertising type shots. I greatly prefer to see straight on box images which are entirely legible and cropped to the sides of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Christensen
msg tools
designer
Thank you for the insight Herb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jostyn wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. And yes, they are mine, lol. I didn't know the watermark was an issue until i tried the first time!

It is helpful to review the Image Guidelines before uploading images (they mention watermarks, extra white space, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Christensen
msg tools
designer
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.