NAPOLI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More info or rules on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'm curious as well. Presumably about Formula 1 racing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also wondering. The website is just a placeholder. The videos only show a single move of one or two people. There's no info on the additional racetracks he's planning, and whether they'll be released as expansions or only as full games. An "update pack" containing cars in new team colors is not as interesting to me as a new game board layout. And, of course, no rules available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

It's up on Kickstarter. There's more material here -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1612595299/fifth-wing-r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

It's up on Kickstarter. There's more material here -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1612595299/fifth-wing-r...

Not really. Everything I posted was based on the ks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello everyone and thanks for your interest. You're a bit ahead of me! Put the game up yesterday and some things are still awaiting approval. I'll be posting more detailed info tomorrow (Thurs) including plans for future tracks and more about the Basic and Advanced rules.
As this is our launch game, the company Fifth Wing website is not live yet. It will go live with the official company and game launch in September and will list future games titles and development plans.
We can't post the full rulebook but I'd be grateful for any feedback about what rules detail you would like and I'll see what I can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Adrian,

You are obviously an F1 enthusiast and I applaud you trying to get a game to closely match the current F1 season.

Are you able to say how FWR compares to Formula D and Race! Formula 90? I can see that FWR is not based on a grid system of movement implying that the 'feel' would be more realistic because it's not as easy to pass in F1 as a grid system allows. However, does that necessarily mean it's more fun?

The play test video shows a leading player losing a race based on a dice throw. (She threw a 2 and ran out of fuel on the finish line.) While this was exciting it doesn't seem to have the strategic gameplay of Race! Formula 90. How is FWR balanced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I personally have no problem with dice throws. Indy's ending this year was on a wing and a prayer and I loved it.

Let's see how it looks before grilling the guy too hard. At the rate the British Pound is going this thing might be $6US when your card bills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi Sagrilarus. Thanks for posting. Yes it's based on F1. We have to be careful what we say as we are not yet officially licensed by F1. We had a very encouraging meeting with a British F1 team and they are keen to put their name on the box once we can prove demand. We will also be negotiating with track owners about future circuits as most track names are copyrighted and we would rather get official approval than produce a similar-shaped circuit without backing. Initial signs are encouraging too in respect of circuits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi Richard
Thanks for your interest. I've posted a more detailed description of the rules on our main page which I hope will answer some of your questions. FWR varies from the 2 games you mention in having simpler rules but added realism. You'll need to try it to tell me if we have succeeded!
The basic game system is adaptable through real-world changes and having both basic and advanced rules should make it accessible to a broad audience.

As regards the dice roll, you'll notice that it wasn't only the final dice roll that was the deciding factor - the card drawn by the red car was drawn three turns earlier, simulating a low fuel load toward the end of the race.

With 3 dice rolls to go it could have ended either way - just as it might have done if a real car were almost empty. With the advanced rules she would have had the choice of changing her driving style to conserve fuel - still risky as she would have been travelling more slowly and was being caught.

I hope you'll buy the game and let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Good for you if you get a commercial tie-in. That's something that's simply out of the question with NASCAR.

Would love to have a look at the rule book. I proof-read if you're interested in sending me a draft copy. I can NDA if you like.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have been interested in backing this project but unfortunately everything appears to be too sketchy. I would want to see a complete set of rules and more definite production schedules. A relaunch when you are better prepared maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GIANCARLO CESARIO
Italy
ERCOLANO
NAPOLI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
News??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally dead?
And what is the official website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.