Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Butler
United States
Eastport
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a scoring card be played as an operation card when you're opponent has a regional advantage?

I'm sure this is either covered in the rules somewhere or has been addressed here, but I'm old - humor me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ken is correct. In addition, Scoring Cards have no operational value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Butler
United States
Eastport
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys - I know they have no operational value, I was just looking for a loophole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah the joys of holding your a scoring card for a region your hopelessly behind in

your only loophole in this situation (as far as I can tell) is "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You". which allows you to discard cards from your hand -- even scoring cards.

-E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
baditude wrote:

your only loophole in this situation (as far as I can tell) is "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You".

Or to pray that your opponent plays one of the cards that forces you to randomly discard a card, and amazingly the scoring card is selected. Or, if you are the Soviets, you could headline the scoring card and pray that the US headlines Defectors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.