Xavier Harduin
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, just received the game yesterday. Exciting!

A very short post un-boxing comment (comments actually).
I spend 1 hour cutting all the counters out of their sheet. I guess the clipping will go on a "do I need this unit for the current scenario" basis.
I might have been spoiled by easier countersheets previously. soblue

Rules layout is nice, figs in colour should help, it's quite difficult to clearly identify the units in B&W mode.
Digital version of the rules (online pdf) is worse, the figs are unreadable.

Counters and map artwork are great. Very nice.

Rule 6.3 Boundaries. I can't see any yellow line on my map. I am wrong?

Rule 6.51. The first sentence doesn't make sense (to me):
Use the General Records Track (GRT) to track printed on the map to track the current Game Turn...
BTW where is this GRT thing? I don't see it on the map or on the player aids. Only track available is the Political Status Track.

This said I am very happy with the game, I have finally something better to replace the old Fleet ones (and harpoon is nice on a computer but as a board game, not for me).

More to come.

Cheers.

Xavier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Hadjikyriakou
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The game's record track is the huge thing with the numbers in the bottom right quarter of the map, IIRC.

I don't remember having trouble with punching out the counters - certainly not at the craft knife level of Decision Games. May be I was lucky or you were unlucky.

If you enjoy the game pick up the small expansion as it adds some options.

I don't have the rulebook in front of me - what does 6.3 say about the yellow line? I don't remember one.

Enjoy the game - it is quite intense (and don't get too attached too any of your units as everything goes boom pretty easily).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorkowski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Rule 6.3 Boundaries. I can't see any yellow line on my map. I am wrong?

Right, no yellow lines. The original map had national boundaries in yellow. The final map put them in national colors, red for China, etc. so that comment slipped by the final proofing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Harduin
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The game's record track is the huge thing with the numbers in the bottom right quarter of the map, IIRC.

Right. Now I look stupid.
Thanks for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.