Tim Westfall
United States
East Wakefield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KS Boardgame Audio Project

I'm kind of shocked at the lack of pledging going on, on this campaign.
I assume it's due to the marketing, and whose eyeballs it's reaching...guessing not many on BGG?

So, I'm posting here. I have no affiliation with the author, just trying to spread the news (assuming they haven't pushed/posted/advertised on BGG much, and it hasn't gained any traction... thinking their project would help RPGers only and not BGers also?)

I'd guess that if all BGGers saw this, it would be bigger?
I know of many gamers in my circles who love to add audio to the background, to fit a game theme while playing a boardgame, but we rely on on YouTube playlists that are 'ok' but could be a LOT better.

I'd love to have
'cityscape' sounds in the background while playing Suburbia or New York 1901 or Quadropolis
or
'cave' sounds while exploring Magnum Sal
or
'rive/water' sounds while playing Niagara or Mangrovia or Manilla
or any other equivalent

Check it out if you have a chance!
The sample tracks on the project sound great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried https://mynoise.net/? It's got procedurally generated ambiance noise things. I like it quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Westfall
United States
East Wakefield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Have you tried https://mynoise.net/? It's got procedurally generated ambiance noise things. I like it quite a bit.

This is additionally, a great resource. I had not heard of it. I'll be using it now! Thanks.

The KS project, I mentioned above , seems like it can 'target' some boardgames much more though. I'd love to have 3-5 'cityscape' options.
The more options, the merrier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.