Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So good, even people who aren't baseball fans will enjoy it. Super Deluxe edition contains all 7 expansions.

$42.99 @ CH

$48.79 @ MM
$52.99 @ CSI
$74.99 @ Amazon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bailey
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Good eye Sean, Good eye" Thanks for the heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
cunning stunt wrote:
So good, even people who aren't baseball fans will enjoy it.
As someone who is a baseball fan, I've never really understood the appeal. It's a deckbuilder with an odd pseudo-baseball coat of paint. Although I know BGG does backflips over this game, so I'm sure I'm a terrible heretic for harboring this opinion. Soooo... I'll see myself out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
As someone who is a baseball fan, I've never really understood the appeal. It's a deckbuilder with an odd pseudo-baseball coat of paint. Although I know BGG does backflips over this game, so I'm sure I'm a terrible heretic for harboring this opinion. Soooo... I'll see myself out.

It's a small game, but in a good-feeling way. I wasn't totally blown away but I enjoyed playing it.

Not sure I'd pay ~$50 for it, but hey, it's a hot deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Scinocca
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried Bottom of the ninth? Great little game for baseball fans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:

You made this post just so you could use this cat gif, didn't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
You made this post just so you could use this cat gif, didn't you?
If you spend any time in ChitChat you would know I don't need a reason to post cat gif's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really should try and get past the baseball theme... But it doesn't look like today is the day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Honestly one of the worst games I've ever played. Simplistic mechanics, with hundreds of cards you'll never need or use. Just bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
possumxv wrote:
Honestly one of the worst games I've ever played. Simplistic mechanics, with hundreds of cards you'll never need or use. Just bad.

Ummmm...what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bought and paid for it on a recommendation. Found the card pool excessive for what seemed to me a crude/elementary game. The core game might work if this were sold as maybe 40 cards, without the classes, as their usage is too scattered and infrequent to be utilized with any reliable impact. I think to really get the benefit of them you'd have to play way more games than, to me, is ever going to happen. Anyway, that's just my opinion that I already regret sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
possumxv wrote:
Bought and paid for it on a recommendation. Found the card pool excessive for what seemed to me a crude/elementary game. The core game might work if this were sold as maybe 40 cards, without the classes, as their usage is too scattered and infrequent to be utilized with any reliable impact. I think to really get the benefit of them you'd have to play way more games than, to me, is ever going to happen. Anyway, that's just my opinion that I already regret sharing.

What did you find crude/elementary about it? The classes are there to provide the type of matchup planning that exists in real baseball, and I've found that the more strategic/experienced player wins about 75% of the time. The game certainly isn't for everyone, but I've never heard it described as crude or elementary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
possumxv wrote:
Anyway, that's just my opinion that I already regret sharing.
Don't regret sharing. You dissed a game and you provided your reasons. It may help someone else make an informed decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
possumxv wrote:
Anyway, that's just my opinion that I already regret sharing.
Don't regret sharing. You dissed a game and you provided your reasons. It may help someone else make an informed decision.

If you are criticizing a game with zero support for that criticism, then lambasting is appropriate. You supported it with your opinion, and that's quality criticism. I own this on Android and analogue, and I find it to be a challenging entertaining game. Your experience is absolutely different, and just as valid as mine (even if yours is patently wrong ) Don't give up hope, just because people disagree. If people have similar interests and such to yours, then your comments may carry weight for them and prevent them from a pricy, negative experience for which you ended up shelling out some money. It's the internet, complain all you want, and back it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heyyy, you guys are pretty nice, y'know. I don't mind being told I'm wrong, I guess.

What I meant about the classes, is that I feel like there are too few cards in play for 3 classes to have a meaningful impact. Like if I had something like "Cancel all hits vs a robot," I'm still playing against someone who has just 7 cards in their hand (if I remember correctly). So yeah, I might remember what balance of those 3 classes those 7 cards are, but it seemed the other factors on the cards held more weight in what we were actually playing. So that when the class impact happened, it felt almost like a coincidental bonus.

It seemed to me that the strategy element was reduced due to there being such a high number of cards, with so few actually in play. A bit like if instead of 15 cards, Love Letter contained 150 cards. I was half-tempted to go through my Baseball Highlights cards, and start tossing some out of circulation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
possumxv wrote:
Heyyy, you guys are pretty nice, y'know. I don't mind being told I'm wrong, I guess.

What I meant about the classes, is that I feel like there are too few cards in play for 3 classes to have a meaningful impact. Like if I had something like "Cancel all hits vs a robot," I'm still playing against someone who has just 7 cards in their hand (if I remember correctly). So yeah, I might remember what balance of those 3 classes those 7 cards are, but it seemed the other factors on the cards held more weight in what we were actually playing. So that when the class impact happened, it felt almost like a coincidental bonus.

It seemed to me that the strategy element was reduced due to there being such a high number of cards, with so few actually in play. A bit like if instead of 15 cards, Love Letter contained 150 cards. I was half-tempted to go through my Baseball Highlights cards, and start tossing some out of circulation.

You need to keep the other player's entire 15 card team in mind and build accordingly to counter them, and then the rest of the strategy comes from saving a card for the end and also when to play which card to build your offense balanced with defensive abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.