Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have backers revived their Kickstarter exclusive items (some tokens, three heroes, some units)? If so, which ones. I wasn't a backer, but my FLGS was. I bought their Kickstarter copies. All I received were the base game and Atlas with none of the KS exclusive peices. Are they yet to arrive or should I be going to the FLGS to buy them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved everything I was supposed to get already, with the exception of the "At War / At Peace" tokens which were omitted; Academy games will be sending them out eventually, but as far as I know they've yet to be printed so it may take a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
I think the only KS bonus stuff was the 3 heroes packaged separately—Minotaur, Theseus and Ariane. And yeah I guess there may be the War/Peace tokens coming later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
I think the only KS bonus stuff was the 3 heroes packaged separately—Minotaur, Theseus and Ariane. And yeah I guess there may be the War/Peace tokens coming later.

Yep, that was it...3 hero tokens in a small zip lock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also noted in the campaign as KS Exclusives were:

10 Provincial War markers
War/Peace markers
Ulysses Ship Marker
Three heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not recall if the poker chips are KS exclusive or just a regular add-on that will be available later. Whatever - They are REALLY NICE! I have not played the game but I already consider them essential to the game. With my recent track record they will probably wind up being too large to be useful.

As for the "weak insert" I have to agree that it could have been a little better to help show these chips off. Maybe something suede? I slid a piece of cardboard (from a shipping box) under the tray to help support it from underneath. I may cut some strips and slip them in the "dividers" between the chips to help support side-loading. I may just design a rosewood box, polished by virgins and assembled by the finest dwarves craftsmen available and lined with silk spun by left-handed silkworms to hold them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:

War/Peace markers
Ulysses Ship Marker
Three heroes

The 10 Provincial War markers and the 2 Zeus Peace Markers were not included in any US package - Academy Games has said they will ship those separately to backers (they did not arrive in the US shipment).
The Ulysses Ship marker was canceled.

The 3 heroes are Ariane and The Minotaur (Listed as KS exclusive) shipped with Theseus (originally included in a French games magazine, and not a KS exclusive) in a small ziplock bag. Only 2 heroes were listed as KS exclusive in the campaign.

So the ONLY Kickstarter exclusives that US backers received were the 2 heroes. (and the rest of the KS exclusives were things that can be kept track of easily enough)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stratton
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
atomheartmother wrote:

War/Peace markers
Ulysses Ship Marker
Three heroes

The 10 Provincial War markers and the 2 Zeus Peace Markers were not included in any US package - Academy Games has said they will ship those separately to backers (they did not arrive in the US shipment).

Actually, the 10 Provincial War markers have been pared down to 6 double-sided Provincial War markers, and are included with the Atlas Expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik,

No, these are quite separate Battles Won markers that are used with the Atlas Legendary Cities objectives. A number of people have confused them, due to not having played with Atlas yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Erik,

No, these are quite separate Battles Won markers that are used with the Atlas Legendary Cities objectives. A number of people have confused them, due to not having played with Atlas yet!

Isn't that what those doubled sided markers are for: keeping track not battles won for that objective (Troy?)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:
chas59 wrote:
Erik,

Isn't that what those doubled sided markers are for: keeping track not battles won for that objective (Troy?)?

Those markers are used by the trade leader to show how many resources should be made available at the start of the trade phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericamick2 wrote:
atomheartmother wrote:
chas59 wrote:
Erik,

Those markers are used by the trade leader to show how many resources should be made available at the start of the trade phase.

No, not those. In the Atlas expansion, there were six double sided markers with swords on them that are used to track battles won. I'm guessing the provincial markers served the same purpose and were converted to these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:
ericamick2 wrote:
atomheartmother wrote:
chas59 wrote:
Erik,

No, not those. In the Atlas expansion, there were six double sided markers with swords on them that are used to track battles won. I'm guessing the provincial markers served the same purpose and were converted to these.

Not quite. The missing Provincial War markers are to identify provinces that are AT WAR as a reminder that some special rules apply to handle that situation. There are also two Peace Markers for use with the Statue of Zeus ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyzi Shadow
msg tools
This is what the Kickstarter exclusives look like:

The Province at War markers seem pretty useless to me, though.
It's easy to figure out which province is at war or not.

If there are Land Units from more than one player on a province, it's at war. Land Units of different colors are easy to see.

And it doesn't really matter anyway.
It more important to know that, if another player's Land Units are in your Province during the Build phase, you can't build in it (unless it's your capital city province), whether it's "At War" or not. And if you're trying to conquer, and someone else's Land Units are there, you can't benefit from Conquering yet.

It's be faster to say "that's the end of my Military Phase. Oh, there are still minis of someone else's color, here, so, I don't get to decide if I Pillage, Occupy or Convert. Next player!", than to find and place an "At War" marker to represent that.
You don't really have to "remember" that a province is At War. It kinda only matters at the very moment you notice it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Tucker
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
I asked Academy Games about receiving 5 Provincial War Markers instead of 10 and here is their reply:

"Originally 10 were offered during the KS campaign, but playtesting demonstrated that there were hardly ever more than 1 or 2 provinces At War at any give time. The number was reduced to 5 when the Markers were printed by Asyncron. 5 should definitely be enough.

In the roughly 30 games of Mare Nostrum I saw played over two conventions this summer, most of the time there was maybe 1 province 'At War' after everyone was done moving and battling. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do the 3 heroes do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
msg tools
The three heros in the KS expansion have a guide that can be downloaded from Academy games

Regarding the other counters,

Battle victory markers = 6 counters with Wreath and swords for recording battles as per the Troy objective. Atlas box.

Province at war counters = 5 tokens with helms to indicate province at war. Specifically when enemy unit is in your province and - you don’t - have units there, to remind that you can’t build in that province. Originally, 10 was reduced to 6, then again to 5 to make room for Odysseus marker. Apparently testers never more than 3 needed.

Peace markers (KS ex) = 2 tokens with Doves for the Zeus hero ability

Odysseus marker (KS ex) = round portrait token, is for indicating what sea can transport across for free. It was originally called the ‘Ulysses ship marker’.

Castor and Pollus marker = Small counter with 2 figures on it - used with the castor & pollus card to indicate what hero’s ability they copied.

Tiny colored triangles = Medea & Medusa markers in indicate sea or province you’re applying their petrification effect to. Applies to a nominated opponent’s units.

I believe the some backers are receiving the KS Ex punch card with the 5 provincial at war markers, 2 peace markers and Odysseus marker separately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some KS backers are still waiting to receive *anything*. Shipping delays and excuses are the main Kickstarter exclusives we've got so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on trading my unopened pledge. Is the base game same as retail? I assume all the extras are separate right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.