Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
So, information has emerged regarding GW's latest board game offering...

No, not Lost Patrol...

No, not Stormcloud Attack...

(Keeping up?)

I'm talking about Gorechosen, an arena combat game featuring Khorne champions beating each other with weapons with silly names. Due for release in September, with a $60 price tag.

Could be fun, but the reason I am mentioning it here is because of the models included in the box.

See for yourself...

Hope you guys haven't been buying your Khorne heroes individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one of them already unfortunately. The other comes in the Mighty Heroes expansion. So the game will be a break even for me. Hope the game is fun though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
I got one of them already unfortunately. The other comes in the Mighty Heroes expansion. So the game will be a break even for me. Hope the game is fun though.

Yeah, just to confirm for people who don't know:

Number three, the slaughterpriest, is from the mighty heroes expansion, and had rules in the silver Tower base game box. The other three are all available in the app, which means that, if you bought this game, you could add four more heroes to Silver Tower for less than £2.50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
Looks awesome! (in a totally ridiculous way!)

But are all these new models that stand a head-and-a-half taller than their older models?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than the miniatures, it looks like something that could be included in White Dwarf as a free mini-game in the old days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kostool13 wrote:
Other than the miniatures, it looks like something that could be included in White Dwarf as a free mini-game in the old days.

I don't agree. Unlike Imperial Knight (which really was a repackaged free White Dwarf mini-game and which was hardly more than two models and a rules sheet), Goreschosen appears to be a complete game. It is obviously going to be very light, but it uses a system of action, initiative, and critical injury cards, and includes a full deck of 52 cards (plus tokens etc.). Not something they would have been able to give away easily in the magazine.

Unfortunately, there is no mention of including cards for Silver Tower, which would have been a really smart move, as this game would have been a very cool mini-expansion if they had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll probably get it and will have to sell the mini from the mighty heroes probably unless I want to paint it again to improve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, no way this would have worked as a WD freebie, although it does give a few nods to both the Pit Fighter game that appeared in Fanatic, and the Dark Eldar arena combat game from WD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Online retailers have this for £28 preorder in the UK. For reference, that's cheaper than most places are offering the Mighty Heroes expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex K
msg tools
mb
Yes there is too much material here for a White Dwarf but some time ago there were game rules in the White Dwarf so you could use your minaitures in another way, i rellay liked some of the Ogres games like the Gnobblar Kick game. And sometimes you even had board game tiles in the WD, i remember that Ork Brawl one, ah those where the days.

But back to teh topic at hand, these seems to be a fun game and at a good discount for the minis so i thin i'll get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Already ordered mine for 28 pounds at wayland games with some paints and shades so free shipping to Ireland. For 28 pounds is a steal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
REPEAL THE 8TH
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds fun! I'll certainly be checking it out at £28.

I like the fact that the characters are playable in Silver Tower.
I wonder if it would be possible for Silver Tower characters to be playable in Gorechosen?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
insearchofspace wrote:
This sounds fun! I'll certainly be checking it out at £28.

I like the fact that the characters are playable in Silver Tower.
I wonder if it would be possible for Silver Tower characters to be playable in Gorechosen?!

While I am sure you realise this, it is best to clarify - you can use these miniatures to represent the corresponding heroes in Silver Tower IF you have the rules (hero cards) for those heroes. In the case of three of them, that involves purchasing the cards through the Silver Tower app.

The press release for Gorechosen says it includes rules for eight heroes. My guess is the other four will be the remaining chaos heroes that also have rules available in Silver Tower.

For reference, these are all the chaos warrior types that have rules in Silver Tower, that I am aware of:

Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer (in the Gorechosen box)
Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe (in the Gorechosen box)
Skullgrinder (in the Gorechosen box)
Slaughterpriest (in the Gorechosen box and Mighty Heroes box)
Bloodsecrator (in the Age of Sigmar box)
Bloodstoker (in the Age of Sigmar box)
Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear (available separately)
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-Hammer (available separately)

I think that's all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
That is great news as my Bloddsecrator and Bloodstoker are already painted so I can play with them right away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallack wrote:
That is great news as my Bloddsecrator and Bloodstoker are already painted so I can play with them right away!

Fingers crossed. Like I said, that is a guess on my part, so I don't recommend anybody rushes out to buy the other four models until we have had some confirmation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nah I already have the AoS starter set and for the other I can always use some of the minis from the starter set as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just bought the last White Dwarf (September 2016, now in monthly edition). It comes with a miniature, a Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-Hammer, with his cards for both Silver Tower and Gorechosen.

And for Gorechosen specifically, there are two other cards:
- Valkya the Bloody.
- Skarr Bloodwrath.

So the question: who will be the eighth champion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helruyn wrote:
I just bought the last White Dwarf (September 2016, now in monthly edition). It comes with a miniature, a Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-Hammer, with his cards for both Silver Tower and Gorechosen.

And for Gorechosen specifically, there are two other cards:
- Valkya the Bloody.
- Skarr Bloodwrath.

So the question: who will be the eighth champion?

We have been discussing this in other threads. The two heroes published in white dwarf are in addition to the eight in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So anyone knows if the Warhammer Quest Hero Cards will come included within this box as well? If you decide to wanna use them in it? If you do play Silver Tower ofc.
For us who does not use/own the Warhammer Quest App.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:
So anyone knows if the Warhammer Quest Hero Cards will come included within this box as well? If you decide to wanna use them in it? If you do play Silver Tower ofc.
For us who does not use/own the Warhammer Quest App.

There has been no mention of Silver Tower cards being included with Gorechosen, so I don't think that is going to happen. Which is a bit of a missed opportunity by GW. If they had included the hero cards, this would have served as a cool hero expansion, as well as a game in its own right (it is almost the same price as the Mighty Heroes boxed set).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.