United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the confusing thread title.

My question is:

What is the chance that miniatures from massive darkness will be made usable for Black Plague via the next kickstarter for BP?

So far from what I've seen I like the game mechanics of BP better, I'm on the fence of backing MD, and would probably certainly back if I knew that monsters etc. will become usable in BP.

Basically I don't want to be kicking myself for not backing this when it's announced during the next BP KS that monsters from MD will be usable in BP.

So what's the chance of that crossover happening? I'm sure it will all be speculation, but I can imagine that MD would get a big boost of support if it was revealed that such a crossover was coming down the pipeline.

I'm aware of the $8 add-on pack, and that's not the type of crossover I'm describing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reverse version of the crossover pack is probably all that would be done. This would provide Abomination and/or Necromancer Spawn cards for some of the Roaming Monsters (probably just the non-KSE ones) and standard Spawn cards and rules for some of the mob figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
A reverse version of the crossover pack is probably all that would be done. This would provide Abomination and/or Necromancer Spawn cards for some of the Roaming Monsters (probably just the non-KSE ones) and standard Spawn cards and rules for some of the mob figures.

+1

Based on the effort they put into the crossover for BP in the MD campaign I would not expect much more than the bare minimum to be done in any subsequent campaigns.

I am in a similar position to you. I would hate to find out later that MD would have been a good expansion for Z:BP.

At the moment it looks like the MD tiles would be compatible to use as a unofficial vault expansion in Z:BP, some of the heroes are compatible, if you need any more, the treasure chests would be useful as objective markers, the mobs could be substituted for zombies if you wanted to spawn them for a bit of variety, e.g. spawning in the vaults.

There is a lot of content that has the potential to be added to Z:BP with a bit of work but I think you will be relying on the community rather then the company to provide it.

I too am wavering, it might be better value to save the money and spend it on the inevitable second season of Z:BP but for $120 it would be a shame to miss out on the opportunities to make Z:BP better in the near future.

Have you got enough content to keep Z:BP interesting until the campaign and fulfillment of Z:BP2 in 2017-2018, or do you think you will need something to bridge the gap in 2017, in which case, this might add a bit of variety with fan made content...

I still don't know.

However if you do miss out you will probably be able to buy stuff on eBay at a mark up, I am sure many people are buying multiple copies to resell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Enh. I wouldn't even expect a simple crossover pack. Zombicide crossovers go in other games to leverage its extreme popularity. We have no reason to think Zombicide needs anything from another game to make it sell, so why should they bother?

On top of that, the Zombicide system is not inherently flexible with monster stats which makes it tough to do a wide variety of monster types. Special abilities on zombies are one thing, but do you patch in an entire AI system now that everything is not simply drawn to noise?

And frankly, Zombicide is meant to be an easy rules set. I highly doubt they have any desire to add monster types. That's the actual reason for Massive Darkness: to be able to fight other monster types. If you fully cross them over it's like publishing two entirely different games for the same figure line.

I'll place my betting chip on "not gonna happen."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do people think it would be difficult to do it fan made? like a bgg project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracker1 wrote:
Basically I don't want to be kicking myself for not backing this when it's announced during the next BP KS that monsters from MD will be usable in BP.
I'm aware of the $8 add-on pack, and that's not the type of crossover I'm describing.

I'm not very familiar with cmon, but I liked the way they handled the crossover pack here for MD.

They made crossover cards only for miniatures that are available at retail and exactly this I would expect from the next ZBP KS campaign.

So, if you don't like the mechanics of MD then skip this KS.

If there will be a crossover in the next ZBP campaign with MD, then certainly again only with MD retail contents. That way you can go all in on the next ZBP KS and buy MD boxes as ZBP expansions at retail and miss nothing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:

If there will be a crossover in the next ZBP campaign with MD, then certainly again only with MD retail contents. That way you can go all in on the next ZBP KS and buy MD boxes as ZBP expansions at retail and miss nothing!

Note that anything in the current crossover pack won't appear again in later Kickstarters. It's marked exclusive to this campaign and CMON is very serious about that. They do not make exclusives available again, even through other campaigns.

People asked them to do that non-stop with the second Arcadia Quest and Rum & Bones campaigns and the answer was always no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
carraway0877 wrote:

Note that anything in the current crossover pack won't appear again in later Kickstarters. It's marked exclusive to this campaign and CMON is very serious about that. They do not make exclusives available again, even through other campaigns.

People asked them to do that non-stop with the second Arcadia Quest and Rum & Bones campaigns and the answer was always no.

Ok, correction:

Don't skip this KS. Just spend 8$ for the crossover cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make that $128. You can't get the Crossover Cards without pledging for the base game of Massive Darkness. Shipping would be the biggest issue here.

I guess you could find someone who is pledging and ask them to buy some additional card packs for you, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Make that $128. You can't get the Crossover Cards without pledging for the base game of Massive Darkness. Shipping would be the biggest issue here.

I guess you could find someone who is pledging and ask them to buy some additional card packs for you, though.

Just checked the update about the crossover. There is nothing about having to pledge at least the base game to get it! Only

Massive Darkness Kickstarter Update 23, 2016-06-17 wrote:
If you're interested in purchasing any of this optional buy, please just click the "Manage Your Pledge" button on the Massive Darkness Kickstarter page and in the pledge manager add the amount of the items you'd like to get. We'll sort out what your extra money is going towards after the campaign has closed and we've sent out our Pledge Manager.

So if you are on the fence as 1$ backer just add 8$ to get the crossover.

According shipping cost it would be a crime if CMON would take the same amount for just a small pile of cards and a big pile of boxes full of miniatures.

My suggestion: Ask CMON customer support about just taking the crossover and its related shipping cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that it is not in CMON-GG policy to let backers have add-ons without any pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
Except that it is not in CMON-GG policy to let backers have add-ons without any pledge.

DITTO to this response. You must always get the base reward pledge to be able to get any Add-Ons. Its never been any different, ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, ok. I'm a first time CMON backer and didn't know that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a Zombiecide fan, but the crossover convinced me to buy BP just so I can gut it and use it's tastey bits in MD. Now, should a BP2 campaign continue the crossover, I'll likely pledge for it as well.

Dastardly villains of CMoN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Curtz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm sure they'll continue to do hero crossovers, since Thiago was surprised by how popular the crossover add-on was and it's trivial to do, but I wouldn't expect MD to Z:BP monster crossovers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I tried to do the $1 dollar + add-ons for Zombicide (I just wanted the guest packs) and that didn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One other reason CMON wouldn't want to let you buy the Crossover pack without the game is that the pack has absolutely no use within Black Plague unless you either have purchased Massive Darkness or you are proxying figures. And of course they don't want you to proxy figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.