Jesse Knoedler
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really my primary question!

I've played Tannhäuser once before at a game night a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the customizable characters and thematic aspects of the game. I'm planning a tentative purchase but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a game along the same lines that might be a better option for me to dive into?

Star Wars: Imperial Assault is also on my radar but I'm feeling like that's a bit of a different feel than Tannhauser as I've done the Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) style of games a fair amount already.

So....help!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Tannhäuser to be a pretty bad game, really.

Maybe Earth Reborn?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
Turn the right corner in Sin City...
badge
...and you can find anything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial Assault offers a deeper experience than Tannhäuser.

Yes, it has the "same" campaign-game as Descent but that's just one half, the second half is the skirmish which it does a lot better than Tannhäuser.

I sold mine although I really loved the theme, the artwork and the pathfinder LOS-System because of IA being the superior game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Knoedler
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think you've talked me out of it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.