9 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Steam / iOS players, join our tourney! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Loblaw
msg tools
mb
The /r/TwilightStruggle World Cup begins on Wednesday the 13th!

Players of all skill levels welcome. Our last tourney was a lot of fun, so I'm hoping to see some BGG representation!

Details and registration here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twilightstruggle/comments/4qowuf/tw...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to, but I'm sure the games would have to be played on a timer/time schedule that I couldn't adhere to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Loblaw
msg tools
mb
Benkyo wrote:
I'd like to, but I'm sure the games would have to be played on a timer/time schedule that I couldn't adhere to.
The last tourney was about a week per game, with the suggestion of 1hr/4hr clocks for live games and 3 day clock for asynch.

There's more flexibility with this one. The group stage will be about a month, during which you'll know all your opponents so you can arrange the games in the order of your choosing, and could theoretically async them all with a 7 day clock.

We found everyone was happy to be accommodating for their opponents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds very reasonable. Unfortunately I've found that with my time-zone and work/family commitments, a 3-day clock is insufficient, and a bunch of concurrent 7-day clock games would probably be too much, and result in a forfeit or two.

I suppose I'll have to stick to the safety-net of 21-day/45-day clocks with people on my friends list for now. Thanks for the info though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Sounds very reasonable. Unfortunately I've found that with my time-zone and work/family commitments, a 3-day clock is insufficient, and a bunch of concurrent 7-day clock games would probably be too much, and result in a forfeit or two.

I suppose I'll have to stick to the safety-net of 21-day/45-day clocks with people on my friends list for now. Thanks for the info though!
Yes, me to! So sad ... 3 forfeits so far cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thompson
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the name of the group to join on Steam? Having trouble figuring it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Loblaw
msg tools
mb
mmthompsonmd wrote:
What is the name of the group to join on Steam? Having trouble figuring it out.
It's /r/twilightstruggle. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rtwilightstruggle

The group is there as a sort of notification system. Make sure you post in the reddit thread to register!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Evans
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing in the tourney and having a lot of fun. Thanks for the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, great thread to play tournaments. Whenever I think my rating is to high, I go over there and register for one. It gets back down to my standard pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls