Johannes Grimm
Germany
30177 Hannover
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
this is a "Killer-Situation" in the 2-player-game:

The Central-Hexagon-Tile is No. 36 with a 2-victory-points-city.

The Continuous-Advanced-Technology-Card where you get an extra victory-point whenever you generate victory-points is available.

The player who gets this Technology-Card only needs a second yellow cube to use it.
From this moment on, everytime he attacks the opponent, he gets 2 victory-points. Attacking the opponent in the city of the Central-Hexagon and going into this city gives him 5 (five!) victory-points!
It makes no sense for the opponent trying to gain territory-control, because every attack gives the owner of this Technology-Card more victory-points.

No chance at all! cry

In my opinion, this Continuous-Advanced-Technology-Card (and possibly Hexagon No. 36, too) should not be used in a 2-player-game.

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but the trick works only once per reset, and, as you said, after the first trick the other player should stop attacking the central hex until the last round of the game, where he could make an all-out assault to get it and keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Dawson
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Killing a unit is not a gem effect.
You don't receive an additional gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Grimm
Germany
30177 Hannover
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackholexan wrote:

Sorry, that's wrong.
After I've killed one miniature and put it on my "graveyard" I get 1 gem for every miniature.

English rules, p. 12:
If a player kills an opponent miniature of a color already present amongst their killed miniatures, this miniature is given back to the owner who puts it back in their reserve.
When this happens, if the player has already killed one miniature per enemy opponent (i.e. the player has completed a set of one killed miniature per enemy), they immediately get 1 Gem from the reserve when they give the miniature back.

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Dawson
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelionheart wrote:
blackholexan wrote:

Sorry, that's wrong.
After I've killed one miniature and put it on my "graveyard" I get 1 gem for every miniature.

English rules, p. 12:
If a player kills an opponent miniature of a color already present amongst their killed miniatures, this miniature is given back to the owner who puts it back in their reserve.
When this happens, if the player has already killed one miniature per enemy opponent (i.e. the player has completed a set of one killed miniature per enemy), they immediately get 1 Gem from the reserve when they give the miniature back.

Joe

Right. You receive the Gem, but NO it's not a "Gem effect" so you don't receive The bonus from technologies. It's in the FAQ too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackholexan wrote:

Right. You receive the Gem, but NO it's not a "Gem effect" so you don't receive The bonus from technologies. It's in the FAQ too.

This is exactly right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Grimm
Germany
30177 Hannover
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dana, hi Jonathan,
you were right. Thanks a lot!
The (german) rules of hyperborea really are terribly poor. There are a lot of things, where you have to read the rules again and again and study the faq, too.
Now, it's clear.
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a Gem Effect if it has the gold star symbol. Other things that gain you gems are not gem effects.

This could have been made clearer in all languages I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.