Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems as though the era of piecepack game designing is over?

The official website (www.piecepack.org) shows no new games added in the last 3.5 years.... anyone know if this game concept is still alive, or have folks moved on to something newer and more interesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is still a lot of activity on
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/piecepack/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Panther games has released several laser cut & engraved piecepack sets since the beginning of the year in birch, oak and plastic and the piecepack community is really excited about the new sets. I'm predicting a upsurge in new games with the renewed excitement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
The official website (www.piecepack.org) shows no new games added in the last 3.5 years.... anyone know if this game concept is still alive, or have folks moved on to something newer and more interesting?

The list of games on that site is much more up-to-date than the web page would suggest.

Contest results for porting games to piecepack were announced a couple weeks ago and authors are touching up their designs based on feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As it has been said, the piecepack mailing list is pretty active.

I like to check the piecepack wiki often ( http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/ ), which is updated more than the "official" site, and anyone can add new content such as games or reviews.

Also, a contest was recently judged with some 10 new games that will be released in the upcoming weeks. You can already play some of them, including the winner. I posted a news item here not long ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
gamesbook wrote:
The list of games on that site is much more up-to-date than the web page would suggest.
Ah, maybe someone should contact the webmaster and ask them to "spruce" up the site a little. To the layperson, it certainly does not look like much is going on. In fact, I am not sure that the official site has seen much innovation/renovation for a very long time, which is a pity, considering that pp itself seems to be thriving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United States
flag msg tools
I know we're a little bit late to the party, but judging from our sales in the past few months, I'd say there's considerable interest in the piecepack...

We're running a piecepack tournament at Origins in July and the winner receives a "golden piecepack" that is not available for sale.

Steve Jones
Blue Panther LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluepanther wrote:
I know we're a little bit late to the party, but judging from our sales in the past few months, I'd say there's considerable interest in the piecepack...

We're running a piecepack tournament at Origins in July and the winner receives a "golden piecepack" that is not available for sale.

Steve Jones
Blue Panther LLC
Steve
I did visit your site before making my original post - and the sets you have put together look really cool. My remarks were more directed at whoever is maintaining what seems to be the official site, which looks a little "run down" and unmaintained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dietrich
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
My remarks were more directed at whoever is maintaining what seems to be the official site, which looks a little "run down" and unmaintained.

This is one of the reasons that I pushed the owners of the "official" site to make use of a wiki. I personally do not think of piecepack.org as the "official" site, simply the site that has the piecepack.org domain. The yahoo group and the wiki are much more "official" as they are maintained by and hence represent the community... it is unfortunate that they don't have easier to remember URLs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls