Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » News

Subject: Gale Force Nine expands Star Trek: Ascendancy events at Gen Con 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
North East
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Seats for Gale Force Nine’s events at Gen Con quickly sold out. Now, with Gen Con’s help, Gale Force Nine is excited to open more seats for Star Trek: Ascendancy.

These extra seats will be filled fast, so if you missed your chance to book one of the hottest tickets at Gen Con, go to the Gen Con events page and sign up now!

http://www.gencon.com/

Star Trek: Ascendancy is GF9’s long-awaited game of galactic exploration and civilization building in the final frontier. Each player controls a galactic civilization and guides their society from their first warp-speed trip into intergalactic space, to the establishment of a vast network of aligned worlds, to becoming the ascendant civilization. Star Trek: Ascendancy will debut at Gen Con 2016; these events are the first chance to play a full game! GF9 will have a limited number of copies of the game at the show for attendees to purchase. Star Trek: Ascendancy will beam into stores in late August / early September. For more details about the game, warp over to http://startrek.gf9games.com/

Want to help Gale Force Nine with our events? Check out http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=348&art_id=5199
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will you be heading to Essen in October?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
North East
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Gale Force Nine will be represented at Essen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for Friday at noon.
Can't wait!

Of course, I'll have already purchased the game by then, but this will be a nice firs play for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
What expansions will be playable? I really want to play the Cardassians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
North East
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the Cardassians in our events. The Ferengi add some new wrinkles to the game play, we want to focus on the fundamentals of the game and the Cardassians don't change those (much).

We'll have components from both player expansions on display in our booth for attendees to preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Gale Force Nine wrote:
Only the Cardassians in our events. The Ferengi add some new wrinkles to the game play, we want to focus on the fundamentals of the game and the Cardassians don't change those (much).

We'll have components from both player expansions on display in our booth for attendees to preview.

I'm am so looking forward to the Ferengi! I'm a huge fan of them and have most of the rules memorized! (I hope when you use them you only use the ones from the shows/books, and not the fan list that claims to be a complete list. That list is full of repeats as well as spelling and grammar mistakes.)
I assume that they will have resource trading capabilities (probably from technology), either player or with the resource pool or both! They may even have a Latinum resource!
Is there anything you can tell us about them?!

I so wish I could go to Gencon! I want to play this so badly and considered begging a friend to pick up a copy of the game (which would require me buying 2 copies of the game).
I've already got a group interested in playing and am planning events at a couple of stores!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.