Marvel Dice Masters: Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Luke Cage Knuckle up question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Holcomb
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
A friend and I were playing last night and this issue came up.

Luke Cage- Knuckle Up

While Luke Cage is active, the first time each turn you would take damage, prevent that damage unless your opponent pays 2 life.

Global: Pay [1 Fist]. Deal 1 damage to each player.

Scenario:

My friend has a fielded Luke Cage and pays a fist to use the global. He says I take one damage and he does not because Luke Cage prevented it.

The question that arose was whether Luke Cage's while active ability would prevent the 1 point of damage he would be taking from using the global. (assuming it was the first time damage was dealt to the player.)

Also, if each player had a luke cage fielded would they nullify each other if the global is used?

My friend stated that his ability allowed him to do this. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds logical to me that your opponent would not be damaged, as you stated it was the first time during the turn that damage was dealt to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your friend was right. That is the way the ability works. If you both had a LC, they would both protect against the first use of that global.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.