Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Knapp
United States
Crystal Lake
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, this may be a very nooby question, but what is the X-Wing miniatures that have round bases? I have the X-Wing Force Awakens base set and they all have square bases. I googled around and I found that these were for Starship Battles and not X-Wing Miniatures.

Can they be used interchangeably? I see some auctions for them on eBay and they could be a cheap way to get some extra ships so I'm not just playing 2 Ties v 1 X-Wing (until I can find some nice deals on XWMs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Xarou wrote:
Hi, this may be a very nooby question, but what is the X-Wing miniatures that have round bases? I have the X-Wing Force Awakens base set and they all have square bases. I googled around and I found that these were for Starship Battles and not X-Wing Miniatures.

Can they be used interchangeably? I see some auctions for them on eBay and they could be a cheap way to get some extra ships so I'm not just playing 2 Ties v 1 X-Wing (until I can find some nice deals on XWMs)
The round bases are used in Star Wars: Armada. Different Star Wars game from Fantasy Flight Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Oh, and they aren't compatible - not even the same scale and different uses for their bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
The square bases are an integral part of the game for measuring range and using maneuver templates. Equally important are the use of the cardboard ship tokens that sit on top of the bases since they allow you to measure firing arcs.

You can buy the regular bases separately now (http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/220335?gclid=CJSur4WK080CFQcMa...), so you could always just attach whatever minis you want to them, and print out your own firing arc templates if you want to proxy some ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Knapp
United States
Crystal Lake
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Xarou wrote:

The round bases are used in Star Wars: Armada. Different Star Wars game from Fantasy Flight Games.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/collectible-miniatures/star-w...

This is the game I was talking about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb