Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Alati
Italy
Montiano
Toscana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Today i play my first game and i choose the Operation Husky Mini Game.
At pag.30, Illustration 1, of the Playbook i see the 5th british inf. move on the beach, but the italian static unit under it should generate Zoc both hexes ( LZ and Beach ) ? According to 13.4.3 is it an illegal move ??

Thanks for any advice.

P.s. Sorry for my bad english blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Sainte-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aleikos wrote:
Today i play my first game and i choose the Operation Husky Mini Game.
At pag.30, Illustration 1, of the Playbook i see the 5th british inf. move on the beach, but the italian static unit under it should generate Zoc both hexes ( LZ and Beach ) ? According to 13.4.3 is it an illegal move ??

Thanks for any advice.

P.s. Sorry for my bad english blush

Yes you are absolutely right, this was an illegal move. whistle

In the first version of the game, the Static Italian units ZOCs were "porous" but this was changed late in the design, and I forgot to correct the example of play. cry

This has been addressed in the "living rules" edition of the playbook:

http://www.gmtgames.com/noretreat4/NRIF_Playbook.pdf

BTW get the corrected rules here too, this might answer some other questions you might have:

http://www.gmtgames.com/noretreat4/NRIF_Rules2.pdf

P.S: Sorry about the late answer, I was on vacation with little internet access...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the other direction? Do the ZoC of units in LZs extend to all adjacent hexes? It seems to me they should be limited to the beach to which the LZ points. The rules do not exclude any hex adjacent to the LZ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Sainte-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
htjester wrote:
What about the other direction? Do the ZoC of units in LZs extend to all adjacent hexes? It seems to me they should be limited to the beach to which the LZ points. The rules do not exclude any hex adjacent to the LZ.

They do extend to all adjacent hexes. See this is control in part by Naval bombardment: it was very effective during that campaign. But I like your rule as an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls