Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured there may be a few out there wondering how this compares to the original, and I shall do my best to give any relevant information that may steer someone's decision as to whether this is worth getting vs the old.

Luckily there is a portion of the new rulebook that makes my job incredibly easy.

New (?) Terms:
Old Worlde Economy - The original Guildhall.
New Empire - "Plays a little differently than the other sets", an unreleased expansion to Guildhall.

Most Important (in my opinion):
Old Worlde Economy and Job Faire *are* represented within Guildhall Fantasy, but they are separated throughout the 3 releases. Therefore, each release of Guildhall Fantasy is going to have two card types of Old Worlde Economy, Job Faire, and the unreleased New Empire.

SO, if your goal was to keep your other Guildhall and supplement it with only the new stuff... you're going to have to steal it from someone you know. And that's not very nice.

Other Niceties:
In addition to the new art and semi-new iconography, the background of the cards make it nicely color-blind friendly.

To Get, Or Not To Get:
If you didn't need the New Empire cards that... "play a little differently than other sets", then you can basically skip this whole thing.

If you're a sucker like me and feel you need everything, then you're going to need to get all 3 sets of Guildhall Fantasy.

And if you missed the original Guildhall entirely but don't feel the need to have everything and would rather skip a generic fantasy theme... well... I have a set to sell .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And... as I just found out... it is *really* easy to mix these releases up.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls