Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Zombie bosses as add on rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benji T
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i'm thinking of getting the Zombicide zombie bosses as an "expansion" for Massive Darkness, and i'm wondering if it's really worth it.

My considerations are:

(1) Do the models fit the Massive Darkness aesthetic? It definitely fits ZBP, with gruesome-ness everywhere. Massive Darkness has been quite slick and... ungruesome? Un-grotesque?

(2) Do three more wandering monsters add much to MD kickstarter edition?

There is definitely lots of room for subjectivity, but i guess i'd like to seek a second opinion haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua N
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a very useful reply, but I'm thinking about doing it for the Zombicide Hero Box 1. $20 for 5 heroes seems pretty reasonable. I'm less sure about the Zombie Boss Pack, as it seems like we won't we wanting for roaming monsters as much, and I wouldn't want just zombie bosses unless I also had zombie minions zombiezombie:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Assuming you aren't thinking of getting the full Black Plague game to go with it I don't see any reason to worry about it at the moment. Decide after the game arrives. If you're thinking about the whether to get the zombicide cross over pack I'd say get that regardless of whether you buy any of the zombicide items. You can always use proxies for them anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. Fair points.

And i do have the ZBP base game and Wulfsburg, with no KS stuffs. So maybe since i have zombie minions, the zombie bosses make some sense....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree the aesthetic of the zombie bosses doesn't really match the feel of Massive Darkness. The zombies as mobs seem fine, but Zombicide abominations have a very weird specific look with all the spikes and explodey-bulgey body parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
benjamintham wrote:
Hmmm. Fair points.

And i do have the ZBP base game and Wulfsburg, with no KS stuffs. So maybe since i have zombie minions, the zombie bosses make some sense....?

If you're feeling the Wulfburg weapons are making killing Abominations too easy then I think the bosses might be worth it for the troll. Otherwise I think the archers are probably the better expansion to get if you were picking one. I think that might also hold true for the Massive Darkness cross over as well, since there are already a lot more wandering monsters types included than there are mobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls