Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Gans
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I finally got some time to try out the new game and rules!

Setup:
* I used the Hunt deck and Environment deck mix described for the Stomping Dead contest from a few months ago -- replacing the Corruptors and Patriarch with the Titanoceratops Boss and minions. I also added Botulism Infection, Blinding Agent, Asteroid Strike and Extinction cards to replace the Stomping Dead environment cards. I did this to make it easy to replicate in case I lost and wanted to try it out again.
* Chose the Utahraptor stock deck (just to stress me out)
* I played at Brutal difficulty and reshuffled the hunt deck each turn.

My goal was to keep my deck lean and pick up an Infiltrate card and another card beefier than a Hatchling. Initially I had trouble killing anything because the Game Trail only drew big things. The Titanoceratops minions were also annoying.

Then I got lucky (after 4 eggs started ripping through the Apex deck) and pulled a Chieftain (which with the nerfed DV is not nearly as useful as it had been). From there I was able to grab an Ambush, 2 DVs, an MG and a DT. Plus I killed a bunch of stuff -- including a minion!

I never drew the Boss due to reshuffle, which was really lucky. The Asteroid Strike took out 4 eggs and a DV (which was incredibly lucky too). I dropped the Ambush into the Ambush point to be ready for the extinction round and with my deck so lean, I was able to cycle though it in each Boss bout. The Titanoceratops went down with a few grunts and a sigh of defeat.

Score = 15-Brutal + 5-Reshuffle + 10-Boss + 19-Kills = 49
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls