Hide
6 Posts

Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Not the Laser Cut Counters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith B
msg tools
I had ordered the laser cuts along with the game from VPG. I had been informed in another thread that the counters would be packed into the game, but upon opening the box, I suspect I have the regulars. 4 sheets, not bagged with a label like some of the other photos I've seen. I'd follow up with VPG, but their site is down.

Anyone able to clarify? Regulars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergeant Grey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My order WAS for the regular counters. I did not order the laser cuts.
What you describe is exactly what I received, just saying.

I know that some who got the die cut counters, including myself, had damage on the part of the counter sheet where some of the barrier bases were located. That might be another indication.

As for the couple of miscut counters, was really a non-factor for me. An exacto knife and about 30 seconds took care of the problem.

Great game imho.

That's all the ammo I've got!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My laser cuts were in a large ziploc outside the game box. The ziploc contained 3 sheets of cutouts and was labeled as 4 sheets of laser cut counters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was your Zeds shipped from Ship Naked or VPG themselves?

I also ordered the combo expecting it to be shipped from VPG since it was not "just" a copy of Zeds and the site said game only orders would be shipped via Ship Naked and Zeds plus orders would come from VPG. My copy was shipped from Ship Naked/NH. It had only the game no laser cut counters. So I assume (and possibly mistakenly) the laser cut counters are being shipped separately and from VPG. It makes no sense for them to fulfill the laser cut counters orders via Ship Naked if VPG has them in Costa Mesa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
msg tools
chrisemsd wrote:
Was your Zeds shipped from Ship Naked or VPG themselves?

I also ordered the combo expecting it to be shipped from VPG since it was not "just" a copy of Zeds and the site said game only orders would be shipped via Ship Naked and Zeds plus orders would come from VPG. My copy was shipped from Ship Naked/NH. It had only the game no laser cut counters. So I assume (and possibly mistakenly) the laser cut counters are being shipped separately and from VPG. It makes no sense for them to fulfill the laser cut counters orders via Ship Naked if VPG has them in Costa Mesa.

My copy of the game was sent from Ship Naked.

I'd like to assume that means the counters will be sent from VPG, but to date I have had no indication anything has been, shipped and I ordered as soon as the game went on sale on 6/23.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll throw out a completely unsubstantiated theory...

I got the base game and laser cut counters with my Kickstarter pledge (laser cut counters in a separate ziplock as described before) but found a misprint on two of the Heroic Civilians counters. They had their backs switched. I contacted Ship Naked about it and they said all of the copies of laser cut counters they had were printed that way.

VPG has since printed and sent replacements for those counters themselves.

So maybe new orders for laser cut counters are coming directly from VPG because of the misprinted copies at Ship Naked while Ship Naked is still handling fulfillment of the base game. That would explain why they would be shipped separately from different sources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls